(7) Crazy Equals Genius

High school is weird.

    Sitting in a room with nineteen other helpless kids listening to someone who, supposedly, can't do teach is odd enough as it is. Try doing that for eight hours in a school for superheroes. I didn't care what they said, it was nothing like Sky High. Having a clinically insane teacher also did not make it seem more normal.

    Professor Q was an eccentric man. But to put it truthfully, he was crazy. And just when you think you've reached the bottom of his craziness, there was a crazy underground garage to prove you wrong.

    Don't believe me? Well, for starters, it was the third day of school and he was currently teaching his hostages— I mean students, how to build then disarm a bomb. I mind you this was the Support Course.

  "Now students, after you carefully removed the top of the bomb, you will see two wires: red and blue." Q cracked his gloved fingers and pushed up his oversized glasses while we students hid behind our desks. I knew he might be a professor and all, but that did not make me feel any more comfortable when seeing that man with any kind of explosive.

    "In order to disarm the bomb, you are going to make sure to cut the correct wire." He held up his pliers to the cowering children and looked back down to the two wires.

    "Okay, so you're gonna want to make the cut at the red wire. . . Or is it the blue?" Q scratched his head and waited as if someone would tell him the answer. "Welp, there's only one way to find out!" He shrugged, quickly snipped the wire closest to him, and...

    KA-BOOM!

    Wow, who would've guessed that?

    All I remembered seeing after that was soot and smoke. And only being able to hear the faint coughs of the students through the thick dust.

    "A-and remember kiddos," Q sputtered out through coughs. "Blowing things up. . . i-is the first step. . on the path— the path to stable inventing." He hacked out a few more coughs and fanned away the smoke from his face. He had dust and gunpowder covering his face which left pale circles around his eyes when he took his glasses off.

    "And please remember to always wear a face mask. . . I did not this time," Professor Q said as his eyes started closing separately. He pointed his finger up and clutched the desk to stop himself from swaying so much. "Alright children, I'm going to lay my head down for a bit." He collapsed into his spinning chair and let his head dramatically fall to the desk.

    I guess that means class is dismissed?

   The other students seemed to think so. They continued their pre-class conversations. Mei, being one of the kids who was excited to be out of the boring lecture, perked up to me again. "Oh, that goodness that's over. I was really excited to show you my newest creation!" She quickly flipped around her chair to pull out a pair of boots from her disorganized bag. "BEHOLD! BABY #160!" She announced then cackled like an evil genius while holding up the boots for the whole world to see.

    Wait a minute. The last invention was "Baby #138." That means in the last day that I've seen her, she's invented 22 gadgets!?

    Not wanting to lie, I would admit that I was beyond impressed with Mei. She was crazy, but it seemed like crazy paralleled genius when it came to inventors.

    Guess that means I should work on my evil laugh.

    Mei began to explain her newest creation. "So I was thinking since some heros might have a strength Quirk, then why not design upgrades to focus that strength on certain parts? For example, these shoes are made to take in hits and bounce them back onto the surface! Making these useful to jump all-around at lightning speed!" She grinned and held the shoes closer to give me a better look.