(30) Sucker Punch

I had made it to round two, and I honestly couldn't believe it. To think no one expected an "eXtRa" to make it past the obstacle course. I made it to the next battle and I will be damned if I lost now.

While the first opponents, Shinso and Mika, began to fight, I made my way down the hall to grab my weapons bag from the lockers where we were told to keep our stuff in. I tried to focus on everything that has happened in my fight against Yaomomo, but I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was following me. The uneasy feeling followed me down the hall and to the lockers. That's when I had had enough and looked behind myself, then sighed in annoyance with who it was. "What do you want, Monoma?"

He seemed to somehow have gotten crazier since the last time I saw him. His hair stuck up on the sides like he was grabbing it earlier while his eyes didn't blink a single time. "Well, well, well, looks like little miss Support Course made it to round two." He laughed to himself while I cautiously grabbed my bag out of my locker, careful not to look away from him and not show that he was freaking me out.

"You sound surpsised-"

"Of course I am!" He laughed more and was clearly fighting the urge to grab at his hair. "I mean, who wouldn't be? It's not every day that kids like you can beat the real winners. Not to mention two of you!" He was talking about Shinso, who somehow won against Mina Ashido from 1A. I'll admit I was surprised when he beat her with ease, and it was hard to tell how he would do against Mika next.

"I guess we just wanted it more." I knew taunting him wouldn't fix anything, and certainly wouldn't get him to leave me alone. But if he was gonna corner me after his loss to make me feel bad I wasn't gonna just take it.

Monoma stifled a laugh and shook his head. "How did you do it..?" He looked down, muttering his question and didn't expect an answer. I knew he would be a little shaken up by his loss to Midoriya, but I didn't expect him to completely lose his shit by it. He was holding onto a fine line where he had to believe his class was the best, and if I, an extra, won against the kid that beat him, it would cut that line in an instant. I couldn't help but feel bad.

"Look, it sucks that you lost...but I'm not sorry. You gotta realize that kids like me aren't useless. We're more than extras to fill the background while protagonists like you are up in the spotlight. Kids like me have potential, and that's all I'm here to prove." By this time, I had had enough and started moving past him to walk to get back to the stadium.

"Watch your back, Support Course," he said while I walked. "You wanna be taken seriously? Win this match and you'll have everyone targeting you."

"I know."

_____________________

3rd person:

The first match up in round two had been in a tense fight that didn't seem to go either way. Both were equally good when it came to hand to hand combat, but Mika Quartz had the advantage of a powerful Quirk. She knew that the Quirk of her opponent, Hitoshii Shinso, wouldn't work unless she answered his questions, so she remained quiet while they spared.

Both were starting to get tired when Hitoshii managed to nail a punch to Mika's nose. The girl hissed in pain and stepped back a little, holding her face. Up in the stands, a voice called out to her yelling, "Come on, Mika, get up and fight!" Hitoshii looked into the stands to see the famous pro hero, recognized by his jet back hair and piercing green eyes, the Bravo Huntsman, or less commonly known as Leo Quartz.

Mika glanced at the stands where the hero was yelling at her, her anger clearly spiking while she clenched her jaw and fist. Hitoshii on the other hand, finally saw his opening. "Don't like your dad, huh?" He asked to which Mika didn't respond and stayed still in front of him. "You know he just wants what's best for you, don't you?"