(12) What a Young Girl Should Not Be

Rose POV

Ok, there are three things you need to know before reading this:

1. I am not smart
I may act like a 50 year old war criminal but I am still a kid. And kids are pretty stupid. Truth is I dont think about consequences and once I do get a sense of where its leading to, its too late.

2. I am still here.
I might be reckless and moronic, but I'm still living, and in..sub par condition. Meaning I'm ok to handle myself and set my own limits.

3. I may not be here long.
Big shocker, the guncrazy maniac with a drinking habit isn't going to live forever. I ain't gonna be here long, so I might as well make it worth it.
__________________________

I haven't known Professor Qonstance for very long, but I know that he is..how do i put this?...a maniac.

But he does care deeply about certain things, his work, his pets, his studies, and most of all his students. He goes to wild lengths to make his class both educational and fun for the people in it. He loves them and his coworkers like family which is when you think about it, really sweet. He's also stubborn but for good reasons. If your in danger, Q will help you no matter what. Even if you dont want his help.

Now it's no secret that I wasn't all that happy about being pittied on and taken in like a lost cat, but it did give me a new respect for Q's determination to help those in need. I just wish I wasn't the one in need.

But I could see that I began to warm up to him, and I'm sure he could see it too. We finally finished that b o r i n g documentary and it was my turn to pick a movie. Q wasn't familiar with the fact that he could get any movie in a matter of seconds and still collected DVDs. I'm pretty sure he even has a couple VHS tapes lying around. I looked through the mix of educational films until I found a small selection of nice movies I liked. Now I am a sucker for action movies, but I'm sure you could've guessed that, and my favorites were the old superhero ones from before literally most of humanity had powers and you could see an actual hero at the gas station.

I held up the disk to Q for his approval. "Oh I forgot I had this." He smiled as usual and motioned for me to put it on. After trying to figure out the ancient player, I sat back down on the couch and let Chloride join me. I had to admit the dogs sure made this much easier to be forced to stay at.

We watched the movie up to the first quarter and Q could tell I was loving every minute of it. He hadn't seen me in a good mood often so I could understand how he might feel a little proud of himself.

"So you must really like this movie then." He chuckled and pet Neon who was resting in his lap.

I was having a great time and laughed a little too, "yeah! I mean its good enough for me to sober up and leave my weapons to watch it." I continued to laugh, alone, before noticing Q's blank expression. I thought his neck would've snapped at my failed attempt at a light hearted joke.

Ok I gotta stop doing that

I laughed awkwardly once more to try and play it off as a joke while waiting for Q's response. For a crazy dude he wasnt exactly easy to read. Q blinked a couple times and looked down, I could assume thinking of what to say. The silent pause before he decides to speak is easily the worst part. I was stuck sitting and thinking of excuses and reasons of why I'm an idiot.

Q stopped petting Neon and finally spoke up. "What!? No- no not in front of Atom.." he muttered to himself. "Kids go to your rooms." By command, the animals scurried off to their rooms as told. Q groaned and leaned back, taking off his glasses and pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked, how he would put it, flabbergasted. And sure had his work cut out for him with me.