(26) Truely Heroic

"Oh not you.."
You've got to be kidding me- why her of all people!? If I wanted a cocky bitch I would have teamed up with Shouty Mcblast

The ice queen looked back at me, damn those cold eyes, and of course, was unimpressed to say the least.
"Can I help you?" Her voice was entirely toneless despite the confidence she usually had about. I internally groaned and shoved my pride deep down.
"You're Quartz, right?"

"No I am not," she swiftly answered, "My father is Quartz, and I am not my father. My name is Mika you will address me as Mika." Her tone shifted from flat and uncaring to offended like a switch just by calling her by her last name.
I rolled my eyes and spoke through a sigh, "Yeah got it. Look Mika, you placed seventeenth, right? So..I think we should team up since neither of us have one yet."

She looked at me for a good while, probably one second but lemme tell ya, it felt like a year. I stayed uncharacteristically up straight while she silently judged me, before asking a bunch of unnecessary questions.
"What did you place?"

"Twenty-first."

"Course?"

"Support." Mika scoffed, I'm guessing because someone like her can't physically laugh. She gave me a look with barely any emotion that said, 'You are joking'. "Which means I have weapons and gadgets that can help. With me on your team you'll have a huge advantage, trust me."

She looked up at me again, up and down before landing on my eyes, I can assume taking my claim into consideration. "What's with the metal arm?" Shoulda seen this one coming.

"Long story, but I can take and serve pretty good hits with it. Probably not super useful in this contest, though."
I stopped talking when I noticed that Mika seemed fairly interested in my automail. Surprise surprise.

"What's it made of?"

"Steel."

"Weight?"

"16 pounds."

"Energy?"

"From my nervous system's pulses."

"Punch me."

"What?" I blinked a couple times and tried to remember if I heard her correctly cause there's no way I did.
Mika stayed serious and repeated herself, "Punch me in the face, right now." I heard her correctly.

"Mika I'm not gonna-"

"I'll give you five seconds."

"Oh real mature-"

"Three.."

"Wait I thought you said I had five!?"

"Two.."

"You know I'm not gonna do something just cause you count down-"

"One, goodbye." She turned to leave until,
"Wait!" Before I knew it, I quickly turned her back around and took a swing at her face. Mika somehow dodged effortlessly and in one motion, clapped her hands together, dodged my attack, and had my arm hanging in the air while she stood next to my clenched fist.

"Uhhh-" I stood there with my arm out like an idiot while she had the metal suspended in a tethering of dirt chains. She brushed her hair over her shoulders and finally took a second to look at me, well my arm. "Hm," was all she said while eyeing the machinery. I honestly think I could've broke free since the chains where dirt, or whatever the ground here was, but I wasn't sure how to react or if I was allowed to for that matter.

Mika stood in front of my fist and flicked her wrist to release me. "You're fast." She folded her hands together and looked up to me with that bored stare. Come to think of it she's actually kinda short too.