(10) This is a chapter of SCIENCE!

Q's POV:

    So why exactly did I bring this rapscallius teenager into my home?

    Well, dear reader, that is an excellent question! You see, I was once a teenager too. I was at that age where society seemed to always be trying to crush my small dreams and life itself felt totally meaningless. I once also filled that void of hopelessness with tomfoolery and petty shenanigans but deep down, all I wanted was someone to turn to. As an educator, I learned that all parents say they want their kids to tell them everything, but truth be is that no child ever feels comfortable doing so.

    I knew Rosemary wanted to be a hero unlike anyone else. I could see that her dream was coming from a very real place. That's why I was so determined to help her out. It was the very reason I became a teacher in the first place. If I could help just one kid get through the thunderstorm that is high school even a little bit easier, then I would have done my job. So, lovely reader, that is why I welcomed this hooligan into my home with open arms.

    After gathering Rosemary's belongings from her temporary place, where a very unfriendly security system greeted me, we were off and ready to move her in. We each climbed into our seats, and after I heard the click of a seatbelt, I began the drive home.

____________________________

    Twas not long before we reached our long-awaited destination. The small green-painted house in between a large apartment complex and an old pawn shop sat on a clean-cut lawn, awaiting my return. It was a nice-looking house on the outside: white picket fence, a decent landscape, and plenty of yard space for my kids to run around in. Speaking of the little rascals, they were the first to greet us!

    My two large and lovable dogs scurried out from the backyard the second they heard my car. Hydrogen, a hyper-white husky with the cutest grey eyes you will ever see, was first to run out, followed by Chloride, a soft St Bernard with paws as big as my head and a heart of gold. Those two are the fantabulous scamps that I love like family. I put the bags on the roof of the car to open my arms for their welcome home hugs. Oddly enough, both dogs rushed right past me to instead tackle the stranger I was with.

    You know what was an odd occurrence? I had spent all this time with her but I had not ever seen Rosemary laugh, or barely give a smile. However, Hydrogen and Chloride managed to get one in 1.156 second. Once she was knocked down, Chloride sat on her leg to keep her there while Hydrogen licked her hysterical face.

    Rosemary more or less was annoyed, but let the dogs harass her anyway. "H-hey stop it! Aww- Ey, that's not a toy," she tried to push Chloride off after she started chewing on Rosemary's prosthetic leg.

I think she's had enough.

    I whistled to call them over to save the poor out-numbered girl and give them dogs affection myself. "Rosemary, this is Hydrogen and Chloride; they live here with me."

    Rosemary nodded and picked herself up, brushing off the layer of fur my pets had left. "You named your dogs after nerd terms?"

    I laughed, answering, "Precisely, of course. If I'm going to have pets, then they will be pets of SCIENCE!"

     Rosemary paused. "Why do you do that?"

    "Do what?" I asked.

    "Oh..kay, never mind."

     I shrugged it off and collected the bags from the car. "Well then, let's hurry about." I opened the door to the house with all my kiddos following.

     My home was more cattywampus than one would think from the outside. Although, it was probably just as expected for a mad scientist like myself. Now, I was not one for organization or tidiness, and I was always perfectly fine with it. Luckily, I didn't think Rosemary cared either. Her storage unit was a catastrophic mess that was filled wall to wall with weapons beyond deadly.