(16) Behind the Action Scenes

Rose POV:

A lot can happen in a school day. . .

Me and my classmates had finished up our upgrades for 1A's hero costumes, and dropped them off before they left of the school bus. I was actually pretty proud with my design for Kirishima. I added black sleeves, a head mask outlining his jaw, more support for his boots, and also some spiked knuckles on his fists. I know he can already do that, but those were more for looks, trying to make it as "manly" as possible. All in all, he was pretty happy with it- then again, he seems happy with just about everything. Afterwards, him and the other heros set off for their exciting and adventurous trip to the USJ.

Meanwhile in the background, we got to continue with our normal classes and average schedule. I ate lunch that day with Mei and Rocket as usual, and dozed off while they talked- well Mei talked and Rocket pretended to listen. The cafeteria buzzed with soft chatter about classes and grades, though there were times when the conversation would shift to the topic of the USJ. To be honest, I was tired of hearing about it.

I get it, they're going on an exciting field trip, and we got to make their shoes..just stop talking about it

"What do you think they're doing?"

"I heard they're training with actual pro heros."

"How come we can't train? I get we're not heros but we could still use it."

"Wow just imagine getting to use your quirk to help people like them."

Not being able to hear anymore about it, I stood up and dumped my tray, deciding to ditch the cafeteria and spend a little extra time in the shop.

That's when saw it.

I was walking down the hallway and came across a small group of students huddled around. I walked over to see what they were looking at and saw the news report playing on the little TV on the wall.

"Breaking news: An attack has come down at UA Highschool's Unforseen Simulation Joint! Police suspect the attack was brought by a local vigilante group know as the League of Villains, though they are not up to disclose it. Trapped inside is a class of first years along with pro heros Eraserhead and Thirteen. The building has been on lockdown by the League restraining authorities and other pros from entering while the students and pros inside are being held hostage and now fighting for their lives. That's all I can say for now, but more updates shortly."

"Oh damn..." I'll admit I was disapointed not to go, but geez that was horrible to see. All those kids were trapped inside- with actual. villains!

"Its amazing how the world can go from bad to total shit storm.." A voice from beside me commented. I looked around to see who it was, and was a little surprised to see yet another familiar face. Noticed by the purple hair and eye bags, I found the guy who tag teamed a giant robot with me from the entrance exams.

"Did you know any of them?" I asked him.

He shook his head and kept a stare at the TV. "None of them personally, but I know the teacher there."

"Earaserhead?" He nodded then finally took a second to looked at me.
"Hey you're at maniac from the exams."

Well he's not entirely wrong

I laughed a bit, thinking he probably thinks I'm insane- again not totally off. "Yep, my name's Rose by the way."

"Hitoshii Shinso. I hadn't seen you since the exams, so you must've gotten into 1B, right?"