(31) Bakugo VS. Rose

Rose POV:

They played the next two rounds on the small TV that hung in the wall in my own little room where I could fix my arm in peace. Nothing serious, just a couple dents. But if I wanted to be ready for my next fight, I had to make sure I brought my a-game when it comes to my robotics.

It was actually nice to be left alone. I got a chance to relax and focus in without the chaos from the stands, and be comfortable in the silence of my one thoughts.

Oh shit.

How did you get this far? There's no way you could've beat those kids fairly..

I mean..I tried my best

Did they let you win? I guess that would make sense..maybe Aizawa asked them to throw the match

But why? Why would he do that?

Maybe he knows you can't do it on your own

But I did do it! I'm winning

Haven't won yet. And you never will really win if you keep relying on gadgets. Didn't you learn from the exams?

Look, it's not like it's against the rules. I'm allowed to since I don't have as much training as them..

So you do know that they're better, right?

I can do this.

How? How can you possibly think that you have a chance?

I beat Yaoyorozu and Midoriya. I can beat the rest of them.

Momo and Deku weren't nearly as powerful as your next opponent. You have to fight Katsuki next. He's not gonna hold back.

I guess I can't either.

He's gonna kill you.

.....

Before the invasive thoughts could pester me further, I heard a knock on my door that took my attention. I welcomed whoever it was inside while I put up my tools. When the door opened, I was a little surprised to see the familiar, carmel eyes look at me. "Hey there, soul sister. Might I have a word?"

Mercedes Jackson, nicknamed Honey, had fought Bakugo after her fight with Pikachu. I was disappointed but not surprised to see that she lost round two. Not that I wanted to fight her, but she probably would've been an easier match than Bakugo.

I gave Honey a small smile and waved her in. She shut the door behind herself and pushed her short, yellow hair back as she smiled back at me. "Now you're a bit of a hard working gal, that's what I heard." Honey laughed and took a seat across the table from me. "Everybody couldn't stop taking about your fight back there. I'm not surprised though. I coulda guessed you were a stubborn one from the second I met you."

"Gee, thanks," I said and glanced over at the small TV that was muted while it broadcasted the fight between Shinso and Todoroki. I looked back to Honey as she started speaking again. "Listen..you're going against a real tough brother in just a few. So, I should probably tell you that—"