(33) Fate: To Be A Hero Part 1

New POV:

All I ever wanted to be...

Was a hero.....

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"That quirk's not very.... hero-like, you know?"

"It would suit a villain best, actually."

"A hero who brainwashes people? Come on, Shinso!"

"You, a hero? Haha! You're kidding, right!?"

I guess it started when I was little, and my Quirk first manifested. My mother, Mihoko, felt so guilty that my Quirk came directly from her, almost like she's responsible for a terrible curse. She grew to be so protective of me, which was always nice, except that she didn't want me to try out for UA. She didn't want me to get hurt because she knew the chances of me making it in were slim. We both knew.

I signed up for General Studies as a backup if I didn't make it into the hero course. Obviously I got stuck in the background, but that's life for you. With time, I grew to be comfortable in General Studies. Not happy, but I'm rarely happy, if you couldn't tell. Although, lately, seeing everyone get so excited over hero work, it reminded me of my own dreams.

It was a week before the USJ attack when I met with Shouta Aizawa.

"Please!"

I had felt so useless, watching that news report of all those kids my age do something so incredible while I sat back and did nothing.

"I want....to become a hero like you!"

Ever since I could talk, I've been idolising Eraserhead and watching him on TV. He was the whole reason I wanted to go to UA instead of the other hero schools. He was my hero, and I wanted nothing more than to be just like him.

"Why should I?"

he asked me. I admit, I didn't know how to answer that. I'm not like those other kids, I know that. I'm not special or really kind or incredibly smart. I don't even have the flashiest Quirk. But I wanted this so badly.

"You have to!"

During this time I was bowing on my knees, begging for my hero to listen.

"I have to prove to people that I can be a hero..that I'm not a bad person just because of this stupid Quirk! You have to give me a chance.."

Becoming a good hero was everything to me, and I would do anything to prove to him that I was worth it.

"Fine.."