(21) Roaring Sports Festival

"Why are we here?"

Mei Hatsume whined as the trio of background characters shuffled through the hallways. "I stayed up all night prepping my babies, I don't have time to take the long way to class." The girl leaned her head back and gripped the straps to her heavy backpack that was weighing her down.

"ight firstly, I told you to get some sleep last night," Rose started, giving her friend a soft glare. "Secondly we don't have a choice. The school is storing stuff in our main hallway so we gotta cut through the hero hall." The extras felt a shiver down their spines at the mention of hero students.
"There's a reason we try to avoid them.." Rocket wrote. "They may be our schoolmates, but hero course kids are always so full of themselves."

She defended with, "Ok that might not be true for all of them." Rose wasn't entirely sure why she was backing them up. After all, her very first encounter with 1A students went...south. But there were also people like the red-head who were genuinely kind and wanted to be friends with the other students. Even if 1A and 1B wanted to form a bond with general studies, business, and support kids, they would always seem like they were looking down on everyone. And after the USJ attack, every needed to stick together more than ever. But the upcoming contests certainly wouldn't unite anyone.

Rose shook her head a little and kept walking, "Let just get to-...class?" Her attention quickly shifted to the large crowd huddled around the giant doors to 1A. Murmers of the class could be heard from the group as the doors opened up.

"Woah there they are"

"They fought real villains you know"

"These guys? They don't seem all that special."

The trio exchanged a glance before walking over to the crowd. Rose had little to no trouble seeing over them, being the tall gal she is, and moved a bit closer to the front, while Rocket stayed on the tips of his toes. The crowd heard either a girl or a really anxious guy ask, "W-what are all these people doing here!?" The chatter grew while people looked inside, until a confident and stern voice spoke up.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack. At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it extras."

Rose instantly recognized the cocky insult coming from a stuck up hero.

"You can't call someone an extra just because you don't know them!" The blue haired robo-like man flipped, starting to lecture Bakugo.

"Excuse me I have to go make a scene." Rose adjusted her sunglasses and bid her fiends goodbye before making her way to the front. She got ready to chime in and opened her mouth to say something before hearing another "extra" beat her to it.

"So this is class 1A? I heard you guys were impressive but you just sound like an ass....Is everyone in the hero course delusional or just you?" The murmers and chatter from the crowd stopped while people got out of the way to give Bakugo and the very very tired general studies kid some room.

"How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego-maniacs. I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different track..such as life. I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that of you don't bring your very best I'll steal your spot from right under you. Consider this a declaration of war." Shinso held a cold, dead stare at Bakugo while the other few 1A students looked scared out of their mind. Everyone in the hallway could feel the tension radiate off the two while neither spoke or broke eye contact. Rose on the other hand, instead of being nervous about the war, was as proud as ever.