(27) Last of the Calvary Battle

As the glowing pink chains burst out of Rose's upper back, the gal screamed until her hypothetical lungs exploded. Mika rolled her eyes and stopped for a moment to let Rose breathe. "I warned you that you might feel mild discomf-"

"MILD!?" Rose held her head down while she desperately tried to hold up her teammate, who used her quirk to send the pink chains at their opponents. Mika and Rose's chains successfully grabbed eight headbands, and only at the expense of the horrible pain that was shooting out of Rose. Though the competition was far from over.

While everyone was focused on the ten million, team Quartz was staying low. Well, as low as they could get.
"Will you shut up?" Mika hissed, clapping her hands again and sending more chains to grab sashes. "It's not exactly easy to sneak up on people with your screaming. Geez, this team is a pain in the neck.."

"You don't know what pain is!!" Rose yelled back and tried to hold in the painful wails for a while. The feeling she was experiencing can be described as having a line of sharp, metal forks strung together and ripping out of her skin, pulling out. The horrible tearing agonized her for a long while, until it stopped.
"Huh...?..Ok- I'm fine-"

"Your discomfort may increase." Mika announced before moving the chains to fly around the opposing team and grab a headband that was on the neck of a competitor on the other side of the field. Then, Rose screamed louder.
But on the plus side, Rose's pain helped get Team Quarts to eighth place, but although, the top ten wasn't enough for Neito Monoma.

The group was running through, about to pass Team Bakugo and grab the headbands from Team Hagakure, when the arrogant extra reached up to rip the sash off Bakugo's head. This knocked Team Bakugo down to zero points, and into last place. The spiky blond was livid. "GET BACK HERE YOU DAMN EXRAS!"

Neito stayed confidently silent for a short moment, before treading the waters a bit more, saying, "Sorry your class is too small-minded. Think bigger." Monoma laughed and tossed the sash up to Mika.

"Oh shit.." Mika muttered as her teammates below her stopped a safe distance from Team Bakugo.

"Midnight said the obstacle course was just the first game, and we figured they wouldn't cut that many of us right off the bat, would they?" Monoma began monologuing, despite Mika's aggravated murmering. Rose didn't stop him, and instead, took a chance to feel her back again.
Monoma went on, "Assuming they'd keep at least 40 contestants for the next event, all we had to do was make sure we keept in that group as we ran. From our spots in the middle ranks, we could fully observe the quirks our rivals had, and judge their capabilities. Only a fool would obsess over winning the preliminary rounds, wouldn't you agree?" Katsuki growled in anger while his squad looked scared out of their minds at his rage.

"Stop provoking him, Neito," Mika warned, sending him, then Bakugo, raging glares. "No point to taunt someone so easily tormented." She knew her words would kindle the explosive temper in Katsuki, but this was a competition after all.

Monoma replied with the same, calm demeanor that knew exactly what he was doing. "I guess you're right; it isn't very heroic of me. But I guess heros are always being hounded by moronic villains desperate for revenge." He laughed while Mika stared, Rose still not sure where she was, the group had just signed their death warrants. Bakugo's eye twitches in rage while he clenched his fists, barking at Kirishima to "Take down these B-list bastards!" Kirishima, Ashido, and Sero were hesitate, but did as yelled to and charged at Team Quartz. Bakugo used his explosions as thrusters to launch the group forward, not giving Mika enough time to torture disoriented Rose and block his quick attack.

"I'VE GOT YOU NOW, BASTARDS!!--" Katsuki went quiet when an all too similar blast nailed him in the face. They were lucky Ashido and Sero didn't drop him then. Monoma stayed calm and smug while he smirked, his hand smoking with the sweet smell of nitroglycerin. "Hm, flashy quirk..I can see why you like it so much." Mika noticed what he did and knocked him on the head.
"Moron. He could've had us." 1B might have won that, but Katsuki refused to let extras like them beat him at his win. If it wasn't for the battle between Midoriya and Todoroki that took his attention, the blond bomb would've destroyed them right there. They got lucky.