(23) This Bitch is on X-Games Mode

Rose POV:

The heck....

The actual HELL was that!?

What??...like- WHAT!? SINCE WHEN CAN I DO THAT?!

I remember staying on top of that robot for a short minute and tried to recall what in all fuckery just happened. "Move it!!" A kid shoving past me reminded me of the competition at hand. I didn't have time to think. I needed to keep moving.

"Crap..." I could figure out that glitch at a later time but now I needed to focus. I had sprinted off the bot and ran towards the next obstacle.
How can I be so far behind!?

I was way behind the leading group and there was little to no time to get up farther.
Guess I can kiss top ten behind...or more like twenty...
I could see that I was in around the sixties of the ten billion kids running. I couldn't even come close to winning if I just ran like anyone else.

While sprinting through the track, I felt behind my back to see if the bag was still there. Thankful for that velcro strip hanging by a thread, I slung it over my front to look through while glancing up at the track in front of me.
Come onnnn sister needs a gun...

When I get back I'll have owed Q two thank you's cause he really pulled though with this one. I had just about all the practical gadgets and weapons that I could already plan out uses for.

A pair of shiny silver spheres quickly grabbed my attention.
Can I really do that...? These guys have worked hard too I don't know if I can play dirty.....
..oh grow a pair! They started it. You wouldn't need to do it if that icy hot kid didn't sabotage everyone. Besides it's not technically cheating...

I wasn't proud of it but my more vengeful thoughts and Midnight very clear "do whatever your heart desires!" got the best of me. "Sorry!!" With a short warning to the people behind me, I chucked each sphere on opposite sides. The instant they hit the ground, the sensor kicked in and expanded out to grip the dirt. I quickly hit the activation button on a small controller to set my plan in motion. The sphere, now flat in the ground so more like elevated disk thingy, shot a thick metal wire up and out. The magnet laid on top of the right disk lit up and quickly attracted the metal wire. I had to hold my arm back feeling that surprisingly strong magnet tug on it.

Well I'll be a helluva genius cause the wire, now strung horizontally across the track, tripped the kids not wise enough to jump. Once the first line was down it was a trainwreck for everyone else. I almost felt bad for them. Almost.

Just my luck would have it as soon as I got ahead of a few more kids, I came across round two of the "robo inferno". Some of the bigger bots from the entrance exams stood tall at us while we slowed down. Going around them wasn't an option cause those things were big and fast. I stood in front of them and grabbed out anything I could use. My normal guns weren't strong enough to take down these things in one go and I didn't have time to take more than one shot. I also didn't have my tag team buddy to use the scythe and shield with so I was stumped.

I stood in front of this monster and held my breath thinking of something- anything to do, when I heard an unimpressed, "tsk".

"How sad...they obviously went through a lot of trouble, but I wished they had prepared this to be at least some what of a challenge. Professional heros work here and this is the best they could do? A real let down, UA..."

I had thought I knew where that cold voice came from, but icy hot was way far ahead. I looked behind me to the kid, chick actually, who was pretty disappointed in the contest. But come on mystery chick you're pretty far behind to be so judgemental.
"I suppose you must be really good to be the one to critique-"