(20) THE È׆RÄ$ *guitar intro*

Inspired by a true story...

Rose POV:

What are you supposed to bring to an outdoor "vibe session"?

Before any of us knew it, the date of the sports festival started creeping up on UA students, and consequently making the stress levels sky rocket. Everywhere you looked you could find students freaking out about how they will do and about everything that comes later, while also dealing with the lingering aftermath of the USJ attack. Everyone was feeling like hell, which made it the perfect time for one of UA's longest traditions.

Apparently its custom for upperclassmen to put together a casual shindig for the students as a way of taking a night to chill out and just have fun before the festival. I wasn't crazy about going to a party but the more I thought about it the more I kind of liked the idea. Training for this contest wasn't at all easy and I think we could all use a break before the big event.

Unfortunately not everyone felt the same way. It was pretty rare to see any student from any of the heroics classes show up. Every year they all bail being too busy with training and workouts that they can never make the time for something other than hero work.

Oh well, I guess that just means more time to hang with THE EXTRA$ *guitar intro*
_____________________

I asked Q to drop me off at the park pavilion where the event would be held while I pondered how highschool parties would go at a superhuman school.

"Well then here we are chuckaboo! Have fun with your beer and skittles!" Q laughed and unlocked the car for me. I had learned a lot of his outdated slang over the months and figured out "beer and skittles" meant good time and "chuckaboo" was a friend. I better get a foreign language credit for this.

"Thanks, I'm not sure when this ends, but I'll text you to come pick me up if I don't have a ride."

"Brilliant, I'll be home. Stay safe and remember the two rules of a funeral: have fun and be yourself!"

I didn't think that was accurate at all, but I thanked him nonetheless.

I hopped out of the car and waved goodbye while Q drove off. I looked around at the scene trying to find at least one person I knew. Mei had stayed up for the past four days inventing and fixing up things for the festival, so I made her stay home and sleep. Rocket was told about the party, but it was clear he'd very much rather do anything else, and he stayed home. So, yeah, I was on my own at a party with no one I knew. If I was an introvert this would be a living hell.

I wandered around the pavilion and looked around at the scene. For an old park thats been flooded about four hundred times, it looked pretty cool. They had decorated fairy and LED lights along the pillars and beams, set up snack and drink tables, and the usual park stuff like, slides, a mary-go-round, and jungle gym.

My careless wandering ended up getting me to bump into a kid leaning against the beam in the corner. "Oh sorry man." I hesitantly apologized to the fellow pinkette (not a word but screw it) who was standing all by himself with a drink in his hand and a vape between his fingers. I rubbed the back of my neck and stood there awkwardly while he stayed silent.

"It's calm," he muttered after a lifetime of silence. He took a drag, eyed me again, and spoke up, "You a first year?" He asked through the light blue smoke. I nodded yes and put my hands in my pockets. "Yeah, 1-H. You?"

"Second year, 2-A." He shortly answered and looked off at whatever as I took a second to look at him. He had pink hair that sweet off to the side and bright honey gold eyes. His outfit of a baggy navy blue sweater told me he was more of a wallflower than a socializer. He introduced himself without a glance, "My name's Ronan Royce by the way."