(13) Midnight Coffee Run

3rd person POV:

11:59 PM and our protagonist is lying in bed looking at the ceiling and hoping the snake, Neon, doesn't try anything. It's hard to tell what Rose was thinking, but it's very likely she was being kept awake thinking about new weapon ideas. That was one of the many similarities between the creative minds of the support course: they are always thinking about inventing. All. The. Time.

12:00 and Rose realised that if she cannot sleep, she might as well stay awake. Climbing out of bed and towards the window, she decides to sneak out and poke around her new neighborhood. Getting through the small window wasn't exactly easy, but she got out quietly. The cold air hit her skin sending a slight shiver down her spine, strange but pleasant. Rose made her way around the back yard and down the sidewalk. Most stores were closed at this hour, so she wasn't expecting to find anything fun, just something to keep her occupied.

A dimly lit luminescent sign at the corner of the block was like a sign of sanctuary. A small, quiet coffee shop seemed to be the only place open and luckily, exactly what Rose needed.

When she walked in, the ding of the doorbell somewhat disturbed the quiet atmosphere before settling back. The scene was peaceful and calm, with the only sound being the soft roars of the few cars passing by and the quiet lowfi music in the shop. After ordering a standard black pick-me-up, Rose took a seat by the large front window. She sighed and sat down, leaning her head on the cold glass. Her exhausted attitude caught the attention of the shop's only other guest, your local coffee addict and insomniac. The man glanced up to her and asked, "How's life treating you?"

"Like I ran over its dog.." Rose responded. The man scoffed and looked back to his drink. "At least we have coffee to dull the pain of existence." It was hard to tell if his monotoned voice was meant to treat it as a joke, or the result of running on thirty-five minutes of sleep.

"Is this a regular thing for you? Not many people go out at midnight to get coffee."

"No, I usually don't stay out on a work night, but my home cats were keeping me up." He took a sip and checked the time, not looking at her when answering.

"What do you do? Assuming you have home cats and work cats."

"I'm a teacher at UA. I'm Shouta Aizawa."
Rose stayed quiet and just blinked hoping the name will ring a bell.

"Eraserhead?"
She shrugged and shook her head no.

Aizawa signed and tried again, "a famous pro hero?"

"Ohhh. Sorry if I'm not reacting to this with the appropriate amount of excitement, I'm very tired." Rose explained. He nodded like he understood and looked out the window. "I'm actually a student at UA."

"Really, what class?"

"1-H, the support course." Rose replied, her tone having less shame than before.

"Oh, you got Professor Qonstance?" Aizawa laughed "oh you poor soul."

"Yeah, did you know he's not a real professor? But I guess things could be worse."

"Well that explains a lot." He sighed and finished off his coffee, standing up to push in his chair. "Don't stress over this. UA is a big and important school but by the end of the day, its just a highschool. All the teachers there are meant to push you to your limits, so show up and give it your all. If you do your best then you will get what you worked for." He pat her on the shoulder giving a "take care kid" before walking out and leaving Rose alone.

Rose sat there letting his advice sink it. Things were moving along, but maybe for the better. "Guess I probably should get going.." She droned to herself.
_______________________

1:08 AM and our protagonist made it back home. Her window was, for some reason, locked so she was forced to use the front door. Lucky for her, in Q gave her a key. She walked in, getting an unexpected greeting from her guardian.

"Going somewhere??" Q clicked on a light and spun around in his chair to face her.

"No, I just got back." Rose shut the door and rubbed her eyes.

"Just tell me where you went, I've been sitting here for an hour so I could do this."

"Do you wear a lab coat while you sleep?"

"Thats irrelevant!" Defensive, Q crossed his arms in an attempt to ignore his sleep coat. "Where in all the gosh-darn galaxy were you!?"

"Coffee." Rose answered with as little effort as possible.

"Its one in the morning!" Q sighed and let his head fall to his hand. "Rose you can't just leave in the middle of the night. What if something happened?"

Her head hung low, apologeticly. "Sorry Q.." He looked back up to her and nodded. "You have school in the morning..we both need some sleep." He said, which Rose agreed.

Q had never taken care of a kid before, and Rose had been without supervision for a while. It was true neither of them were experienced, but both wanted to learn and work something out. It wasn't going to be easy and they will fight, but with time they'll get the hang of it.
They have plenty of time to get used to the adjustments.

So we finally got to see some of our tired trash panda, and I hope it was worth the wait

Rose and Aizawa spend time in a midnight coffee shop. For your question, are you a coffee or tea person and what's your favorite of the beverage?

Character Spotlight: Shouta Aizawa (Eraserhead)
Cannon character
Quirk: Erase

Fun fact: when he's not busy with his home cats, he often goes out in the middle of the night for more coffee