You Were Beautiful~6

-
Closets full of skeletons that you don't want to see
-

Rin sat quietly as she nibbled on her bacon, her eyes shifting around as people she didn't know proceeded with their daily lives- barely paying the kidnapped girl any mind

Rin sat quietly as she nibbled on her bacon, her eyes shifting around as people she didn't know proceeded with their daily lives- barely paying the kidnapped girl any mind. Her shoulders were nearly at her ears as she remained was incredibly tense, and made sure to avoid everyone's eyes and stay out of attention's way.

She, although she- poorly- tried to hide it, was scared. Her leg bounced up and down as she stared at her plate, listening intently to the shuffling of feet and the quiet murmurs of people around her. She caught little snippets of things like 'ATEEZ' or 'plan', but couldn't distinguish much other than the pounding of her own heart.

Chenle, who had been examining plans in a nearby room, entered the kitchen to see NCT Dream discussing business in front of a stranger- a rather dangerous one at that. The way Chenle saw it, Rin had leverage over the gang, since she held Chenle life in her clutches, along with her own.

They couldn't kill her without slaughtering Chenle, which gave her a little power over them, and Chenle detested that thought. So, if she were to escape or tell someone what she saw, it was either kill the soulmates or hold the girl hostage.

And so, when he saw valuable information being shared around her, he tensed, and he clenched a fist.

"What are you guys doing?" He uttered through gritted teeth.

The group's eyes landed on Chenle, and Jeno swallowed nervously as his sharp glare bore through all of them.

"What do you mean?" Jaemin murmured, his eyebrows scrunched.

"We don't know who she is, and your just going to let her listen into our affairs?!" He seethed, not even sparing Rin a glance.

Rin put down a slice of bacon and stared and the plate instead, her head low as she bit her lip. She shook slightly at the passive hostility in his voice, and it made her unnerved.

"You're scaring her," Jaemin sighed, and Chenle scoffed.

"I couldn't care less," He grumbled, glaring at Jaemin, "Why would you hand her important information without even knowing who she worked for?!"

"Then get to know her," Jaemin muttered, and Chenle cocked a brow.

Chenle knew damn well that Jaemin just wanted him to fall in love with the girl, but he didn't want to. It would get in the way of his work, and make his goals even more distant, so why would he?