Go~70

-
Might make an exception for you, 'cause I've been feeling you
-

It all happened so quickly; Rin's eyes found the narrow gap between the house and Chenle, and she began to dash forwards- legs pumping vigorously with all of the strength she had as adrenaline rushed through her veins

As if she was looking through fish-eyed lenses, her vision was mar whilst her eyes darted around viciously, wild with panic.

She could hear nothing but the deafening pounds of her heart roaring in her ears, and her feet seemed to move on their own, pattering against the sidewalk thunderously as she despairingly lurched towards what she hoped was freedom.

Rin couldn't be a captive forever- no, she had a life to live; a future to experience, and she couldn't risk everything she had yet to obtain to merely lurk within the shadows of her kidnapper's home.

She desperately needed freedom, and with every robust step she took, she was brought closer to a short-lived life of utter non-confinement, but it was just out of grasp- seemingly unobtainable.

It was a straight line towards liberty, but it was awfully close to Chenle, and he could easily reach the girl- no matter how fast she could run.

And he did.

Reacting purely upon instinct, Chenle's arm outstretched quickly, and Rin collided into it, causing her to stagger to a halt, but her momentum forced the boy to stumble forward with her, nearly knocking both of them down.

Barely stable on his feet, Chenle hastily wrapped his arms around Rin's waist, taken aback by her sudden action.

She squirmed viciously, but Chenle held tight- jaw clenched as he kept her still within his grasp, yet she wouldn't give up, fighting against his strong grip.

"Let me go!" She shrieked, eyes beginning to well with terrified tears.

Chenle didn't respond, and simply let her claw at him, arms encircling her waist tighter as she kicked her feet out, causing the boy to partially carry her, but he didn't release her.

Knowing that she couldn't run from him, she began to fight as flight proved vain, nails raking across Chenle's arms as her screeches of panic echoed throughout the deserted air, thrusting every muscle in her body.

Barely fazed, Chenle merely tightened his grip on the girl, gaze fixed on Rin as she desperately tried to rip his arms away.

Rin managed to squirm effectively enough to face him, and her hands collided with his chest, trying to push him away with all of her might, but be didn't even flinch, accustomed to such despairing actions.

Her small fists crashed into Chenle's hoodie, but he was unbothered by it, and allowed her to attack him- making no motion to stop the repetitive punches that pounded upon him.

As if Rin were fighting herself, she felt every strike she thrusted at Chenle upon her own body, yet she didn't stop.

She shrilled with effort and panic, but her voice cracked with raw emotion, tears trickling down her cheeks as she forcefully shoved him back, yet nothing she tried could get him away.

Gradually, her adrenaline began to fade, and her punches lost strength, but her curled fingers still made contact with Chenle's chest nonetheless, even if it had no affect.

After what felt like eternity, all sound had ceased, and all that remained was soft sniffling and quiet whimpers.

Tears flowed down Rin's pale skin like a river of emotion, and she raised another weak, quivering fist, watching it bounce uselessly off of Chenle.

Vision blurred, Rin's eyes fell to the ground as she hitched in ragged breaths, using the back of her hands to wipe the salty liquid from her face, but her efforts were useless; her tears continued to fall, creating more and more wet streaks upon her skin.

Chenle's eyes drifted over the girl as concern made his stomach lurch relentlessly within him, eyebrows pulling together as his arms remained planted at her sides.

It hurt Chenle to see her distressed, and he felt like someone was repetitively stabbing him in the heart whenever a tear spilled from Rin's eyes.

Rin refused to meet his gaze, and her bloodshot, puffy eyes remained on the concrete sidewalk beneath her, feeling miserable within her frail, petite body.

A languid breath sluggishly fell from Chenle's lips, and, noticing that she had calmed, gently brought Rin closer to him, arms encircling the small girl.

Her face burrowed into his hoodie, and her tears began soak the fabric, but Chenle didn't mind, letting her cry.

Rin's arms limply dangled by her sides as he slowly drew her into his embrace, refusing to hug him back, and he noticed how cold her skin was, brushing his fingers across the goosebumps that had formulated upon her.

Trying to provide warmth for the girl, Chenle pulled her closer to him, propping his chin on the top of her head.

"I hate you," She whimpered, voice muffled by Chenle's hoodie.

Nodding subtly, Chenle let a small sigh spill from his lips as his thumbs traced small circles into Rin's back.

"I know," He cooed, lips pressing into a thin line.

Thoughts?👀

Thoughts?👀