Good Thing~52

-
Would you love me less?
-

In they came, and around the table they sat

Of course, seeing as Stray Kids were their guests, Stray Kids had the spectacular hospitality of having a few guns pointed at their back for insurance that they would not break the grounds of their parley.

By then, Taeyong had left, which had initially confused Rin, but apparently, it was normal for mafia leaders to disappear when certain threats arised, so she tried not to question it.

Some leader, huh?

Although, since NCT was so widespread, diligent, strong, and seemingly invincible, that he was actually incredible at his job, and could, quite possibly, be the smartest illegal business conductor known to the criminal world.

On another note, Stray Kids and NCT Dream alike had taken a seat around the latter's counter, shooting everyone wary, resentful glares.

Renjun and Jaemin were watching the rival gang from afar- pacing around behind their backs as their keen eyes scoured over Stray Kids. Even Jisung came out of his room, and- considering he was a teenager in this day and age- that was quite uncommon. Chenle and Haechan sat at the table, accompanied by Jeno and Rin, but the get-together was too uncomfortable to even vaguely resemble a cool barbecue.

Rin, since she wasn't exactly the definition of a badass gang chick, awkwardly shifted around in her seat, eyes avoiding everyone as she picked at her fingernails- gaze darting around various crevices and patterns in the counter in front of her.

Chenle, being generally used to events like this one, slouched languidly upon his chair, slumped back as his dark eyes bore into Bang Chan, his sharp stare unwavering. Chenle's arm was casually stretched across the table, resting beside his pistol as a reminder that Stray Kids were in his house, and he had the power to take their lives without a single care.

Radiating authority, Chenle's dead stare scrutinized the gang that sat across from him, unmoving as he effortlessly intimidated everyone in the room- NCT Dream and Stray Kids alike. Almost as if the air he expelled was poisoned by a passive-aggressive resentment, the atmosphere around him was cold and unforgiving, causing everyone to be set on edge- wondering if they were going to live to see the sun tomorrow.

Bang Chan, sporting his usual, tired expression, glared back with utter exhaustion, which, in turn, could be quite intimidating. His bored eyes displayed the inability to care, and would do whatever he could just to get home quickly, but it was obvious that he wouldn't go home empty handed.

Face blatantly showing impatience, Chan's eyes sagged with a need for sleep, his fingers tapping against the table as he mindlessly held Chenle's gaze.

Stray Kids- all eight members- barely fit within the length of the counter, and were rather squished together shoulder-to-shoulder after having to pull up more chairs to fit them all, but the entire 'strength in numbers' concept didn't cease the unbearable uncomforted that seized everyone's mind- all eyes on the two leaders.

An explosive tension had built up between Chan and Chenle, and the air was so thick that Rin wondered if Haechan could work his pyro magic and make the unfathomably dense oxygen flammable.

Breath shallow as her gaze flickered around, Rin's shoulders scrunched inwards as her entire body tried to compact itself into a smaller space, attempting to become so tiny that she couldn't be seen. Sadly, that wasn't exactly how physics worked.

Parley.

Would you like to know the dictionary definition of such a word?

'A conference between opposing sides in a dispute, especially of terms for an armistice.'

In other words, Stray Kids and NCT Dream were trying to find a peaceful middle ground, because a fight wasn't the best- although wish for- option at the time.

Bang Chan wanted merit, and merit came with NCT Dream's severed heads, or at least, Chenle's.

Chenle wanted his team to survive- for business reasons, obviously. Maybe. Mostly.

All of that was all well and good, and could be easily sorted out by a nice, long bloodbath. However, Jeongin and Rin complicated the equation.

Normally, rivaling gang plus rivaling equaled one of them getting conquered; there was no avoiding it. Despite that, a member of rivaling gang one didn't want a certain person to be killed, which was also alright- they mostly needed the leader's death to boost them up in ranks.

However, the one that was wished to survive was tied to the leader, and if he died, she died. Of course, it went deeper than that, but, in short, everyone's terms couldn't be met by a mini war, so it wasn't the best option.

So, rivaling gang plus rivaling gang equaled pi- a pi amount of complications.

Talk it out, then possibly, maybe, fight later, or, there was a slim chance that the gang's would go their separate ways peacefully.

"I'm assuming you would like the honor of killing us?" Chenle said formerly, deadpan eyes unmoving.

At first, Chan was quiet, lips pursed together as he tried to read Chenle, attempting to deduce what would set the boy off, and what confessions to avoid to ensure the continuance of his life.

"We're aware of our reputation, and we know the bounty that's on our heads," He continued, rolling his eyes subtly. "Kill us, you get power, which is a pretty good deal. If I were you, I'd try to kill me too."

Chan expelled a languid sigh as he listened, itching to shoot NCT Dream whilst he had the chance, even if a gun was pointed to his back; he was awfully bored.

He was reluctant to cooperate, and he remained quiet, finding all of this sitting around absolutely useless- craving a fight that seemed so distant.

Honestly, Chan didn't want to be there. He wanted to be holding a gun- firing recklessly, or in bed resting- not wasting time sorting out things that could be sorted by good old first degree murder.

"Sadly, we value our lives, which you obviously wouldn't care about if you were any good at your job," He articulated, leaning forward in his seat. "I can't tell if it is ironically lucky or terribly unfortunate that Rin, my soulmate, and Jeongin, our rival, are siblings. However, I can see that you would prefer to kill us- more specifically, me."

Chan merely let him talk, and, finding Chan's silence strange, the girl began to watch him- observing the way his lips quirked upwards in a mischievous smirk, and his lazily eyes held a confident, unbothered arrogance that could only radiate off of someone with a plan.

"So I'll give you a choice," Chenle concluded, a long breath falling from his lips. "Either we can end this temporary truce now and you can die trying to get the fame you desperately crave, or we can talk this through."

LMAODJGDJTSUTS

LMAODJGDJTSUTS

I FORGOT TO POST THIS-

IM SORRY

THIS WAS IN MY DRAFTS SORRY ITS SUCKY