What the Hell Happened to Us?~ 13

-
If I introduce you to my demons
-

Chenle laid motionless for the fourth day in a row, and Rin was beginning to get slightly worried

Chenle laid motionless for the fourth day in a row, and Rin was beginning to get slightly worried. That long- that's a pretty long nap; he was probably going to be to energetic when he woke up, Rin thought.

No matter she wanted not to- he was her kidnapper, after all- she was genuinely concerned. If he had gotten it worse than she had, he must've gone through hell, and still managed to fall into her bed and save the both of them.

Rin bit her lip as she gazed upon his resting figure, and his arm was still slung over her waist comfortably; even unconscious, he wouldn't let her go. Jaemin's words flashed through her mind, and she pondered on what she should do.

"Healing, huh?" She mumbled to herself, before sighing miserably, "I swear, the things I do for a soulmate that doesn't even want me."

Her eyes lingered over him, devoid of any direction of how to do such an action. Contact, physical contact.

Clearly, it wasn't spooning, because they had practically doing that for a day straight, so it had to be something else. Her gaze got caught on his hand, and she nervously glanced around, swallowing intensely as she watched it.

"If you wake up, this is going to be the worst day of my life," She whispered, and she began to tip toe her fingers towards him.

Rin's index finger grazed his pinky, and she flinched backwards at the sudden contact, before sighing harshly- collecting herself. A little quicker, her hand inches towards his hand once more, this time closing her eyes tightly- peeking one eye open to watch- as she slipped her hand into his much bigger one.

Intertwining their hands, her head whipped towards Chenle, but he remained unresponsive. Sighing for the umpteenth time, she reluctantly retracted her hand, yet she already missed the contact.

Get yourself together, it's not like he wants to be in this situation.

Swallowing her quite random nerves, she turned slightly to examine his face, which was relaxed as an ethereally serene rest took over his body. A soft expression steadied itself on his face whilst his eyes remained closed, and he looked beyond relaxed- as if it was the first time he had slept in years, which she didn't doubt.

Inhaling a long breath, she hesitantly slipped her arms around his torso, and began to pull him into a one-sided hug. Restricting the way she relished his warmth, she noticed that nothing was happening, and retracted her embrace, yet again missing his cuddly warmth.

A pout etched itself into her lips as she realized she had failed her task, and she hopelessly raked her eyes over him as she tried to find a another possible healing method, only for her gaze to fall on his lips.

"Oh fuck no," She muttered to herself, shaking her head in denial, "Fuck the hell no."

No, no, no, no, no, she was not going to kiss him. Sure, they were soulmates, but it's not like they knew each other, and besides, Chenle wanted nothing to do with her existence.

On the other hand, he was practically in a coma. How long was he going to stay under? He had to lead his gang, figure out their hits, and so many other things that he desperately needed to get to, yet he couldn't due to his unconsciousness.

Maybe it won't work, and Chenle would just keep sleeping. That was slightly more comforting than kissing him while he slept, since she wasn't even sure that was legal.

"Fuck you, fuck me, fuck this, we're not doing it," She harshly whispered to herself, and soon found it strange that she referred to herself as 'we', but that was the least of her concerns.

Her eyes still not leaving his lips, she groaned, before leaning in slightly. Pursing her lips into a thin line, she gazed at his sleeping figure, trying to convince herself it was for the greater good, and tried not to think of it as it was- a kiss.

Squeezing her eyes tightly together, she cringed cat herself, and she began to feel her cheeks grow warm at the mere thought. Expelling a blunt breath, she quickly inclined towards him, and swiftly pecked his lips, immediately turning around and burying her face in her hands whilst she refused to look at him.

Must to her dismay, she felt him sit up, and he glanced around the room that was definitely not his- his arm slipping off of Rin in the process. Once his gaze had- much to his displeasure- fallen to Rin as she cautiously watched him from the corner of her eye, he sighed heavily, before slouching out of bed.

Turning around fully, her cheeks still a little pink and her eyebrows pulled together, she faced him with a mixture of disappointment and sadness as he began to leave, and hated herself for feeling such a way.

"You're just going to go? Just like that?" She uttered quietly, and he didn't even spare her a glance.

Chenle didn't even physically acknowledge her question- merely walking leisurely towards the door as his eyes remained on the frame, feeling to need to so much as look at her.

"Just like that," He confirmed as he strutted from he room, and she could do nothing to stop him.

Letting out a vigorous breath she didn't even knew she held, she watched the door aimlessly, and strangely missed the feeling of him cuddled up against her- not that she would admit it. Her lips pressed into a fine line as she hopelessly sunk farther into her bed, and she felt lost- depressed, even.

Whispers that echoed in the back of her mind deluded her to believe it was her- her fault that he didn't want her. Was she not pretty enough? Not his type? Annoying personality?

She knew it was him; she knew he just didn't want a soulmate, but she couldn't help but wonder.

What if his lack of interest was because she wasnt good enough?

Gosh today was really... not my day