Rhiannon~45

-
If you knew the person that I was
-

The group was discussing the logistics of an attack against ATEEZ, and, although it was quite unorganized and barely formulated, they had a skeleton of their plan, which was a start

Attracting the gang's attention, the echo of a doorbell shushed the group, and a few turned towards the lengthy hallway that lead to the door- Chenle among them.

A few members glanced around in confusion, eyes narrowing as they exchanged various looks, yet Rin was left confused- gaze wandering over their concerned or stoic faces to try to figure out why this was strange.

Thinking about it, Rin had never heard anyone enter the house other than the gang and Taeyong, and a sudden spike of nervousness churned her stomach. In fact, the large building was a place everyone avoided- Chenle himself had spread nasty rumors about the house and placed quite a few signs outside that instructed people to keep their distance if they wanted to live.

No girl scouts dared to sell cookies there, no neighbors ever visited, and no one ever asked the creepy house for directions, nor was the place very welcoming. On the inside, it was modern and comfortable, but the exterior was shrouded in shadows; it looked like the classic, worn-down mansion that was always starring in a horror movie.

The only people that were brave enough to attempt to enter were NCT members, whether it was NCT 127, WayV, or just NCT Dream, but everyone else seemed to keep their distance.

"Were you expecting anyone other than me?" Taeyong prompted, turning towards Chenle.

"We're not," Chenle uttered, sighing harshly.

Eyes scouring his gang, Chenle attracted everyone's attention with a singular, sharp glare, authority radiating off of him.

"Jeno, get the guns, Jaemin, grab the earpieces and distribute them, Jisung, get in the back and watch us through the cameras- make sure we know where they are- Renjun, get ready to fight," Chenle assessed, and pointing languidly at everyone.

Jisung quickly grabber his computer and scurried down a hallway, Jaemin following him, and Jeno pulled open a door Rin had never entered before, disappearing within it. Renjun, slipping a hand into his pocket, fished out some brass knuckles, which put Rin on edge.

"Haechan, follow me to the door, and don't blow anything up- this is still my house," Chenle instructed, and with a guilty smirk, Haechan nodded.

Rin, eyes whipping around the giant room, felt bewilderment twist in her chest, causing a scoff to escape her throat.

"This is your house?!" She exclaimed, eyes wide, "This is the size of at least 20 of my houses!"

Chenle sighed languidly, nodding subtly as if it were obvious, which caused an awed 'wow' rise from her lips.

"You're rich as fuck," She mumbled, eyes wandering around.

"He really is- once, when we were younger, he bought me a computer for letting him eat with me- it's great having rich friends," Haechan chirped, strapping a knife time his leg.

The girl glanced up at Chenle with eyes the size of plates, for she had never seen a house this big before in her entire life, and for it to be her soulmate's was shocking.

"Whoa... can I have a computer? I'll eat with you," She quipped, initially saying that as a joke.

"Sure," He muttered, shrugging passively.

Not actually expecting him to agree, Rin's eyebrows shot up, not actually wanting him to waste money on her.

"You don't have to-"

"I'm buying you a computer, deal with it," He interjected, and Rin's face contorted in shock.

Scoffing in amusement at her surprise, Chenle shook his head- regaining focus on the issue at hand.

Soon enough, Jaemin came rushing out of the hallway, and passed a small, skin-colored earpiece to everyone including Rin, causing her eyebrows to scrunch together.

"Am I- am I fighting too?" She murmured to Chenle.

"You could, but you might want to find Jisung instead," Chenle offered, eyes falling to her's.

Darting back into the room cane Jeno- the familiar black duffel bag clutched in his fingers. Swallowing down a lump in her throat at the sight, she knew that the bag was filled with various dangerous weapons that she didn't know how to operate, nor did she have the guts to.

Glancing around nervously as her stomach twisted with anxiety, the girl chewed viciously on her bottom lip as she thought before eventually nodding her head.

Turning around to face the hallway she had seen Jisung retreat down, she lightly jogged down the hall, and needles of anxiety seemed to rive through her intestines- almost like her insides were as prickly as a cactus.

Her eyes landed on a door where the sound of a clacking keyboard emitted from, and Rin sped towards it- knocking on it lightly.

"Can I come in?" She asked tentatively, and the clicking noises stopped momentarily.

"Rin?" Jisung's voice called, a little hesitance in his voice.

"It's me," She affirmed lowly, eyes twitching around nervously.

"Then, yeah, come in," He called, and Rin hurriedly turned the handle of the door.

The door freaked open, revealing a very high-tech room.

Four computers surrounded the boy- each screen showing something different; one had security cameras shifting in small rectangles, another had green coding streaming down from the top of the screen like the matrix, a strange, unfathomed surge of numbers on the next, and Grand Theft Auto on the last one.

Deciding not to question it, the girl sat in the chair beside Jisung- eyes raking over the screens until her eyes caught on the live footage of the front door, and she saw someone she very much wanted to forget.