Flaming Hot Cheetos~27

-
Soft conversations
-

Chenle's deadpan glare made Renjun's skin crawl, and his voided irises sent the boy into a dark pit of pessimism

Chenle's deadpan glare made Renjun's skin crawl, and his voided irises sent the boy into a dark pit of pessimism. His black orbs bore into Renjun's like a gun- a bullet piercing through his own eyes, and he wished to be out from under his scrutiny.

Quickly tearing his gaze from Chenle's enigmatic yet malevolent stare, Renjun's eyes traveled the room aimlessly.

Rin's eyebrows knitted together as the reality of her job sunk in, and her stomach swam with anxiety whilst her teeth captured her lip in its grasp.

"R-right, so when are we going to... you know...." She murmured, her gaze locked on the floor.

Chenle's stone-cold glare flicked towards her, and he shrugged carelessly, leaning backwards into the couch.

"A couple days at most," He responded comfortably, as if he didn't care about their mission.

The stoic expression that was always present on his face was slightly unnerving to the girl; they were about to break into a club and attack someone, maybe even blow up something, and she didn't even know what or who!

His blank stare made Rin shiver subtly, and she uncomfortably fiddled with her fingers whilst her pessimistic mind screamed in her ears, driving her insane.

Chenle's eyes narrowed at the girl, but she was too engulfed in her thoughts to notice- her eyes widened a fraction.

"Are you scared?" Chenle muttered huskily, his dark gaze raking over her emotionlessly.

She didn't respond; her eyes merely flickered towards him and quickly back to the floor- afraid that he would mock her or perhaps kill her, torture her, something.

Chenle's eyes lingered on the girl, and he rose from his seat, languidly sauntering towards her chair. Rin's lips pressed together nervously as his piercing gaze beat down on her, and she refused to meet his gaze, merely watching the floor anxiously.

Chenle's fingers held Rin's chin hostage, his thumb and index finger easily guiding her face upwards. She reluctantly obliged as he lifted her head, but she found that her eyes would only stay on him for a moment, before they would suddenly shift away.

"Of this," He mumbled, almost teasingly, "Or me?"

Rin's eyes grew in size momentarily, yet she didn't reply, merely nibbling shyly on her plump lips. Chenle's scrutiny darted across her face, and Rin wondered if he could read her mind. He was nearly amused, but not quite- he was conflicted, rather, which was a common theme when it came to Rin.

Smirking lazily at her unresponsiveness, Chenle's eyes searched Rin's face once more, but even he wasn't aware of what he was looking for. Scoffing lightly, he dropped her chin- accidentally catching her gaze in the process.

Her chocolatey eyes pooled into his, as did his to her. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, and that might be why Chenle's were so utterly terrifying.

His ghostly orbs were like the bottom of the sea during a ravaging storm- constantly twirling with malevolent hatred and destructive, yet bleak and alone. It was so empty, so secluded that a merely glimpse into his irises was like getting stranded- drowned in the vast ocean of his gaze.

An occasional lighting strike of emotion would electrify his glum leer, yet each and everything that reflected through his eyes was twisted and destructive, almost murderous.

But it was lonely.

No towering ships sailed through his glare, and the rampaging ocean that wreaked havoc throughout his unaccompanied stare. No smiling sailors or simple swimmers dove through the layers of his orbs; all that filled the void was harsh winds, chaotic waves, and dangerous lighting.

The only sound that engulfed the endless waters was the constant clapping of thunder, along with the magnificent roaring of walls of water crumbling, but no laughter, no soft conversations, and no birds singing pleasantly at from the shores.

Just, entropy.

He scoffed lightly as he felt himself falling into the puddles of fudge and caramel that shimmered in Rin's eyes, and turned away from her before he could be swallowed by them.

Rin pursed her lips together as she watched him turn, and she let out a shaky breath, yet she didn't feel relieved. Mindlessly, whilst her logic took a vacation, her fingers enclosed over his wrist- making him halt.

Reluctantly peering at her from over his shoulder, he narrowed his eyes at the girl- who's face displayed surprise at her own action.

"What is it with you?" He murmured softly, mostly to himself, his eyes trailing up her form.

Her gaze dropped to the ground, unable to reply as slitted eyes wandered over her, and he sighed quietly, shaking his head.

At her lack of words, Chenle's lips pressed together in impatience, and, despite the otherworldly bliss of being in contact, Chenle pulled his arm from Rin's grasp, continuing to walk away- leaving Rin feeling lonely.

Tbh I changed the picture intro/outro because the other one wouldn't show