The Beach~75

-
If you treat me right, baby, I'll give you everything
-

The sky was darkening, and Chenle sat languidly at the counter of his own home, eyes fixed on the wall as his mind wandered

The soft, mechanic clicks and whirls of Jisung's phone sailed through his ears, but he was barely aware of it, and had long forgotten that Jisung accompanied the boy within the living room.

The floors still reeked of bleach, and the walls seemed to bleed with the scents of various cleaning substances, but Chenle had grown accustomed to the awfully familiar smell, and didn't mind it much.

Alerting Chenle of his presence, Jaemin sighed harshly as he stumbled into the room, then into the kitchen that was connected to the living room, tripping over his feet.

Jaemin's blue hair was sticking up in haphazard angles, and his eyes sported large, black bags as he quickly, yet languidly, as if he was a undead zombie searching for brains.

Despite it being nightfall, Jaemin found himself at the coffee maker, and instinctually began to place grounds of coffee beans within the machine, whipping up a bit of battery acid to keep him going.

Once the object had filled a cup with black coffee, Jaemin whirled around, facing Chenle as he leisurely sipped the bitter liquid.

"No Rin?" Jaemin asked, glancing around the room.

"She wanted to catch up with her dad," Chenle muttered, bringing his eyes to the boy.

Humming in acknowledgement, Jaemin nodded as he gazed at nothing in particular.

"How'd it go?" Jaemin uttered, leaning backwards against the fridge.

Deadpan eyes narrowing at Jaemin, a prolonged breath spilled from Chenle's lips, exhaustion riddling his expression.

"Today, he learned that his daughter was kidnapped by her gang-leading soulmate, his dead son is alive, Rin has been shot, and that Rin hadn't really been let outside for quite a while," Chenle mumbled. "He panicked."

"What happened?" Jaemin pried, curiosity pulling his attention to Chenle.

Chenle hesitated before replying, and expelled an endless sigh from his lips, slightly confused on the events of the day.

"He invited me to dinner," Chenle breathed, eyebrows drawing together. "But I didn't go."

Honestly, Chenle didn't understand why Chinmae had offered to give Chenle hospitality- it made absolutely no sense.

Chenle had taken away his daughter, and was one of the most wanted criminals in the area, yet Chinmae had shown kindness to him the second the man had calmed himself, instead of throwing him from his house or banning Rin from seeing him- which was impossible, considering they were soulmates.