TRAUMA~35

-
If I introduce you to my demons, baby
-

Chenle laid lazily on his bed, his stomach twisting uncomfortably within him

Beside him rested a very unconscious Rin, her arm stretched over his abdomen as her slightly pale face rested on the pillow, but Chenle's back was against the wall, sitting up and scrolling through his phone to take his mind of things, which he found to be utterly useless.

Haechan, as expected, had rigged a bomb to make a distraction and give the two soulmates a window to get out of their sticky situation, but had accidentally saved the pairs' life.

When Hongjoon fired the gun at Rin, he was knocked off balance by the explosion and had missed his mark, but had still shot her arm, causing her to pass out due to shock.

Presumably, her irregular heartbeat had caused her to lose consciousness, but her crazed heart was most likely caused by shock, along with all of the stress that had built up whilst in the club.

Soon after, Renjun, Jaemin, and Haechan had followed the sound of Hongjoon's gun and beat them into submission, which let the gang safely leave, carrying around a limp girl out before the cops arrived.

Chenle, seeing as the soulmate bond was a wondrous thing, was suppressing her pain whilst speeding up her healing process just by being in constant contact with her, but it would've been faster if he knew how he was supposed to heal her, like she had to him long ago.

And so, he was stuck on doctor duty with an unconscious girl.

Chenle's eyes, as if magnetic, pulled towards Rin, and he sighed tiredly, pursing his lips together as his eyes refused to move off of her.

Her thick, brown hair was strewn around her, and long strands of it caressed her cheeks, accentuating the freckles that dotted her skin like stars.

Upon her right arm, a bandage hugged her skin as a red substance seeped through it, and although Chenle had become accustomed to the sight of blood, the red liquid made Chenle's narrow in a strange mix of anger and regret.

Her pinkish, plump lips were clamped together as her eyebrows knitted, leading Chenle to believe she might've not been having the sweetest of dreams, but he tried to pretend he didn't care.

Her pale, fair skin seemed to glow in the gentle sunshine that streamed through Chenle's window, and he thought she looked like an angel, despite her messy hair and bloodied bandage.

He tried to avert his gaze, but his her appearance captured his eyes like a trap, and he felt glued to her, as if he would never be able to look away.

The prominent swirling of his stomach emphasized the strangely speedy pounding of his heart, yet he tried to shake it off- all of it- his emotions, his thoughts, everything- but nothing seemed to cease.

Soon enough, the girl's fingers twitched, signifying her waking state, and Chenle watched as her eyes squeezed together before leisurely fluttering open.

Chenle forced his eyes back onto his phone as Rin began to stir, beginning to sit up- slightly lightheaded.

The first thing she noticed was the dull stinging that droned through her arm, but that seemed insignificant as her gaze landed on Chenle.

She flinched in surprise when she first saw him, her eyes slightly wide as he watched her from the corner of his eye, and she felt flustered, realizing they had seemingly slept together.

Rashly, but sheepishly pulling her arm off of Chenle, she yelped in pain when her formerly, seemingly fine arm exploded in a sudden surge of pain stabbed through her body.

Chenle sighed harshly, also feeling her pain, and he grabbed her wrist, calming her pain almost instantly.

"Right now, I'm your painkiller so you have to stay in contact with me, okay?" He explained hastily, as if he was talking to a dumb child.

Pursing her lips together, she nodded vigorously, and Chenle sighed, still holding her wrist like a cuff.

"What-what happened?" She squeaked, her eyes resembling a puppy's.

"You got shot, if you can't tell," Chenle deadpanned, and Rin's breath hitched.

Rin's eyes fell to her lap, and she swallowed nervously, Hongjoon's sadistic face flashing through her mind. Her stomach churned with anxiety as her mind pictured his evil smile, and his lighthearted tone, despite threatening to kill her.

The utter fear that she felt under his gun left her frozen in her skin, and her hands suddenly felt clammy and uncomfortable as she tried to shake the image from her head, but it refused to leave her.

The way his eyes flashed mischievously in the glum light, how his lips curled malevolently into creepy smiles, and the way he so easily spoke of ridding the world of Rin's existence all put her on edge.

She tensed, fiddling with her free hand as the event replayed over and over in her mind, and her heartbeat began to race, thundering in her ears. She felt suffocated, and she felt like she couldn't breathe, suddenly claustrophobic as she was caged in her own flesh, heaving in breaths.

Her chest rose and fell heavily, and Chenle eyed her warily, but said nothing to console her.

"B-back there..." She mumbled, her eyes glued to her twiddling fingers, "You s-said you had... 'k-killed younger...'"

She trailed off, and Chenle's eyes narrowed at her, growing defensive about one of the many topics he couldn't go into detail with.

"H-how many have you killed?" She asked, finally facing him.

Chenle expelled a soft breath from his lips, and he darkly met her eyes, a malevolent glint swimming within his irises.

"I've stopped counting," He admitted, his face utterly blank and his voice monotone.

His plain, emotionless confession made a subtle chill creep up her spine, and she had to tear her eyes away from his, sinking lower into her clothes.

"You don't belong in my world," Chenle assessed, leaning back against the wall, "You're lucky."

Rin's eyebrows drew together, and he distantly stared into oblivion, somewhere on the verge of being engulfed by his thoughts.

"You'd be surprised how many people would kill to stop fitting in with the monsters."