UN Village~12

-
No secrets
-

Rin's breath hitched as she untangled herself from unconsciousness and staggered into the world of the woken

Rin's breath hitched as she untangled herself from unconsciousness and staggered into the world of the woken. Beginning to stir, her mind was flooded with confusion whilst her eyebrows began pull together.

I'm alive?

As her eyes fluttered open, she realized that a weight was rested over her waist, and she hesitantly glanced down, only to see an arm nestled onto her, and her eyes widened slightly, yet she didn't want to move. Craning her neck to see, her gaze trailed up the pale arm, before her sight was filled with a insensible Chenle, his eyes closed as his head rested on the pillow beside hers.

His black hair was ruffled, and his bed-head was endearing to Rin, but it didn't solve her 88637 questions. Her head whipped around, utterly confused as to why she was even breathing, before her eyes landed on Jaemin, who was peacefully sleeping on a chair beside her bed, which was also wonder-inspiring.

"Jaemin!" She hissed quietly, and he didn't respond.

His blue hair fell into his eyes, covering half of his face as he remained unmoving, yet she noticed bags underneath his eyes, but there was no way that she was going to wake up Chenle, so it had to be him.

Huffing in exasperation at his refusal to wake, she leaned towards him slightly, opening her mouth to try again.

"Jaeminnnnnn!" She harshly whispered, and his finger twitched in his sleep, but he didn't open his goddamn eyes.

Rolling her eyes, she- cautious not to wake her soulmate- reached over to the mobile clock on her nightstand, and clutched the silver object in her fingers, before tossing it at Jaemin's feet. It landed on his right toes, and he jolted awake, his face contorted in pain.

"OW-"

"Shhh," Rin interjected, not wanting to wake Chenle.

"Owwwww," He hissed quietly, and the girl nodded in content.

Jaemin's eyes landed on Rin as he rubbed his foot, clearly going through intense anguish, but Rin could probably care less.

"Wait, you're alive!" He whisper-cheered, before hobbling over to her and cupping her face, examining her like a doctor would.

Whilst he checked for any signs of pain, Chenle subconsciously tightened his grip around the girl's waist, pulling her away from Jaemin and it made her fall back into her soulmate's chest.

Jaemin chuckled lightly, and his eyes flickered between the two as both humor and sadness glimmered through his irises.

"I guess he's jealous, even when he's unconscious," He snickered, and Rin- wide eyed and confused- vigorously shook her head no.

Once their gaze met, she shook it off, and gestured towards Chenle. Jaemin seemed to understand her wordless question, nodding slightly.

"He came," Jaemin whispered quietly, a thin smile playing on his lips despite the pain of his toe.

Run blinked distantly, repeated Jaemin's words in her mind as her head slowly twisted towards Chenle, and she almost didn't believe Jaemin's statement. Chenle? Came to her?

Whilst her eyes traveled over Chenle's sleep-ridden face, she realized how good-looking he was when he wasn't scowling 24/7, and her breath hitched lightly in her throat.

A small grin tugged at her lips as she struggled to contain it, and she quickly tore her gaze from her soulmate, forcing herself to focus on Jaemin. As they held eye contact for a moment, Rin's eyebrows suddenly furrowed, and Jaemin mirrored her expression.

"Why are you...?" She muttered, glancing around but found no visible reason for Jaemin's presence.

"I had to carry Chenle, otherwise he wouldn't of made it, but he made it about half way without my help, and I wanted to make sure you two didn't die overnight," Jaemin explained, and she nodded distantly.

She- although hesitantly- sunk back into the bed, allowing Chenle's arm to remain snuggled onto her waist as her eyes flickered back towards Jaemin. Her gaze twitched towards the window, and a dimming light filtered through it, signifying that the day was beginning to grow old.

"Why is he still asleep? It must be nearly 4:00, or even 5:00..." She muttered, and Jaemin shrugged.

"He had the whole separation-pain worse, so it'll probably take a longer time for him to recover," Jaemin shrugged, his eyes lingering over the boy, "Just stay in contact with him, okay? It'll help him heal."

Rin nodded hastily, and her eyes were pulled back to the man who had kidnapped her, almost killed her, but was still her soulmate. It was kind of fucked up that her captor was the one she was destined to love, but what could she do?

"He will be okay though, right?" She squeaked, and she scolded herself for being concerned.

"Yeah, don't worry about him- although, you do know about soulmate healing, right?" Jaemin asked suddenly, and she shrugged.

"A little," She uttered, and she understood what it was, but didn't know how.

Supposedly, a soulmate can physically mend the other, but any information beyond that was obscured from her.

"Right, well, a certain form of physical contact can heal soulmates, but you just have to find out how. It's unique for each pair," He briefly explained, and she hastily nodded, "If you can figure that out, he'll be better in no time."

"Right," She uttered, feeling as if she had been rewarded an important task.

Jaemin, exhaustedly from his nearly sleepless night, and a long yawn escaped his lips. Glancing around with dreary eyes, he rubbed his hands together, before his gaze fell back to Rin and Chenle cuddled together whilst the male remained unconscious.

"I'm going to make come coffee," He mumbled curtly, and began to stalk towards the door.