Bubble Gum~29

-
She doesn't
-

Chenle stood from his seat, and winded down a unfathomed- for Rin, at least- hallway, and the rest of Dream immediately followed him, Rin confusedly coming along

When she turned a corner, a tall, black door seemed to ominously loom over her, the entire object seemed to be framed by a bright light- seemingly natural. Wondering what it lead to, Rin stumbled forward, anxiously picking at the sleeves of Chenle's oversized hoodie as she drew closer.

Rim narrowed her eyes at it, but after Chenle's gaze landed on her, he sighed heavily- pacing towards her and grabbing the fabric of his hoodie like a leash.

Soon after, Haechan lazily swung open the door, and Rin's eyes went wide.

Outside- it was outside. Streams of light spilled over the slightly shocked girl, temporarily blinding her as she blinked rapidly, but once her eyes adjusted to the blazing sun, a silent gasp sounded from her mouth.

Her lips parted in surprise, Rin gawked at the tall, green trees as they swayed in the wind- leaves rustling quietly in the calm evening, the sun low in the sky, but still inexorably bright. The soft singing of birds lulled Rin into a trancelike state, and her eyes distantly wandered the scene as if it was alien to her- something new. Small bunches of clouds soared through the dimming, blue sky like tranquil ships drifting on an open sea, sailing across the ocean carelessly and elegantly.

A long, black road ran along Rin's vision, and she watched as a bike rider peddled by, utterly unbothered by the gang members that staggered out of the house and into a nearby car, but oblivious to the kidnapped girl.

Rin pondered yelling out for help, or maybe trying to get away as she gaped at the breathtaking scene before her, yet Chenle's grip on the hoodie she wore made her refrain as too many doubts clouded her mind, yet hope still sparked in her heart.

Breathing out a sigh of subtle happiness, she hurriedly took a step forward, only to be held back by Chenle's clutch. She was unable to tear her gaze from the sight outside the door, but she felt Chenle's sharp glare nonetheless, and she clamped her lips together- stomach swirling with nerves.

"Don't even think about running or even talking while outside, got it?" He muttered quietly, his lips close to her ears, "No one can help you now."

"R-right," She stuttered, her voice barely above a whisper.

Chenle nodded, and he prodded her forward with the hand on her hood, and she stumbled forward, her eyes swiveling around her surroundings as she took a step into the great outdoors, her eyes wide with amazement.

She smiled bitterly as she felt the sun warm her skin for the first time in ages, and she felt like she was glowing- the natural light bouncing off of her terribly pale skin like a golden outline.