Smile~36

-
Would you love me less?
-

Chenle and Rin sat quietly together at the kitchen counter, silently eating as Chenle's fingers remained clasped over Rin's wrist

Chenle and Rin sat quietly together at the kitchen counter, silently eating as Chenle's fingers remained clasped over Rin's wrist. Actually, scratch that.

Saying the two sat 'together' implies that they were there as a pair, but in reality, the soulmates were just seated beside each other, not really together.

Nevertheless, Rin was just surprised he had cared enough to suppress her pain with his contact, and was content enough with just that for the moment.

Jaemin, on the other hand, who shipped Chrin- or maybe Renle- harder than they themselves did, narrowed his eyes at the pair as they continued to nibble on the pancakes in a awkward silence. (Stays, where you at?)

Sighing out his slight disappointment in their failure to bond, Jaemin leaned against the opposite side of the counter, facing the pair. Jaemin's eyes wandered to the bloodied bandage that was strapped to Rin's arm, and, although it was bleeding as much as any other bullet wound would, it only stung like a small cut upon her arm, thanks to Chenle's contact.

"You know, if you guys figured out your healing thing, you wouldn't have to sit next to each other like two socially-awkward, infatuatedly bashful soulmates," Jaemin pointed out, and Chenle shot him a glare.

Healing. Every soulmate couple could do it in their unique ways, but theirs? Well, it seemed all too cliché- I mean, kissing? Could the author be less original?

Rin's eyes dropped slightly as she thought about the time when Chenle was unconscious, and she had actually discovered how to do such a thing. She put down her fork and placed her hand on her lap, and she knew damn well that she wouldn't have the courage to ask Chenle to kiss her, even if it was to heal her.

Jaemin's eyes caught on her, noticing her uncommon quietness that he naturally expected from Chenle, but not his extremely loud Rin. Letting out a low hum of acknowledgement, Jaemin's brain immediately started thinking about why his astonishingly vociferous friend would be quiet, his gaze darting between the pair.

"Unless you already know how...?" He trailed off, and Rin's eyes guiltily twitched towards Chenle.

"I don't," Chenle admitted, stabbing another piece of pancake with his fork.

Rin's lips pursed together before she took a reluctant breath, holding it in the air as she hesitated before speaking.

"I-I might?" She squeaked, and Chenle's gaze pulled towards her.

Chenle's eyebrows raised subtly, and she awkwardly met his gaze, shrugging uncomfortably. Suddenly coming to a realization, Chenle's eyes narrowed as he thought, letting out a quiet hum.

"When we almost died due to lack of contact and I was unconscious..." He mumbled tentatively.

"I woke you up," She finished, and he nodded distantly.

Actually thinking it over, Chenle's lips parted once more, but he was reluctant to speak as a thought grew in his mind, yet he didn't exactly know how to say it.

"Wait, so I was sleeping and you... what did you even do?" He asked, his voice a little bit higher than usual, "I mean that's kind of weird- I was asleep."

"The guy's got a point, that is very weird," Jaemin added, and Rin sighed harshly.

"He was practically in a coma- I thought it was fine!" Rin defended, but the two didn't seem convinced.

"Yeah, but I was sleeping, with no idea what you were doing- I still have no idea what you did!" Chenle exclaimed, and Rin shot him an exasperated glance.

"Would you rather be in a coma?" She challenged, raising her eyebrows at the boy.

"...Fair enough," Chenle sighed, yet he still found the whole situation slightly uncomfortable, "So how do we heal?"

Suddenly clamping her lips together, Rin's gaze dropped to her lap, and she soon gave Jaemin an awkward glance, yet he didn't understand the meaning behind it.

"Well..." She mumbled, and Chenle watched her in confusion.

Fiddling with her fingers, Rin hesitantly met Chenle's eyes once more, which made him strangely nervous, and nibbles her lip at a loss for words, trying to figure out how to explain it without committing social suicide.

"Here- close your eyes," She offered, and Chenle's eyes narrowed in uncertainty.

"Why...?" He murmured suspiciously, feeling uneasily with her hesitance.

"You'll see, just, do it?" She prompted, and Chenle's eyebrows knitted.

Letting out a quiet huff, Chenle let his eyes flutter closed, which made the violent twisting of nerves in Rin's stomach get worse. Continuing to viciously gnaw on her bottom lip, the girl watched him quietly as she mentally prepared herself, honestly not sure if she could do it.

"This is stupid," Chenle muttered lowly, but he didn't open his eyes- pressing his lips together into a line.

"Yep," She agreed in a high voice, before expelling a harsh sigh.

Whilst her guts danced themselves into knots, Rin bounced nervously in her seat, knowing that he seemed quite dreary with his eyes closed, but she couldn't help her hesitance.

Shaking her head to rid her mind of her reluctance, she internally uttered a quick 'fuck it' before quickly leaning in, pressing her lips on his.

Oh would you look at that