Okay~34

-
Hearing that falsetto that's in her tone
-

Chenle visibly tensed, and a mischievous grin stretched across Hongjoon's lips, a thought rambling through his head

Chenle visibly tensed, and a mischievous grin stretched across Hongjoon's lips, a thought rambling through his head. Continuing to step around the quivering girl, his eyes absorbed every inch of her- his smile only growing.

"Pretty, pretty," He muttered, clicking his tongue in approval.

"Fuck off," Chenle seethed, his dark eyes piercing through Seonghwa.

"I don't think I will," Hongjoon giggled gleefully, almost like a child keeping a secret.

Hongjoon's eyes continued to roam the petrified girl, before he halted right behind her- his lips right next to her ear.

"What to do with you?" He muttered in a low tone, and a quiet squeal of panic left her throat.

The man only grinned at her undeniable fear, his fingers fiddling with his gun as her began to stalk around her once more, finally stopping between the soulmates. Hearing his cease of footsteps, Rin peaked open one eye, only for fear to strike into her heart as her gaze met Hongjoon's, and she stumbled back in terror.

Sending her a wink, Hongjoon's gun twiddled between his fingers, and he recklessly began to point it in random directions, tossing it between his hands.

"If I killed you, Chenle would die too, would he not?" Hongjoon teased, his eyes flickering between the pair.

"If you fucking so much as-"

"Oh shush, your protective soulmate shit is disgusting," Hongjoon muttered, rolling his eyes.

Pursing his lips together and unable to even look at Hongjoon, Chenle's eyes narrowed dangerously at Seonghwa, and the grip on his gun tightened until his knuckles turned white- hatred boiling through his blood as he longed to pull the trigger on Seonghwa.

"Hold on guys, let me try something," Haechan's voice murmured.

Seonghwa languidly glared back, the muzzle of his revolver pushed up in Chenle's face, and Chenle's in his. Eyes focused on the boy, Seonghwa sent Chenle a cocky grin, only to be returned with a scowl of utter detest.

"Wouldn't it be fun to die watching your soulmate die? Wouldn't that be... ecstatic?" He threatened, and Chenle's face contorted in anger.

Rin sucked in a shaky breath, shaking violently as she stared at Hongjoon, her eyes wide and her lips clamped together in fear she would begin to sob.

Letting out a dreamy sigh, Hongjoon suddenly pointed the gun at Rin, and she sucked in a harsh breath, her air catching in her throat. Tears welling in her eyes, she stared down the barrel, and the expansion of her lungs was ragged and uneven as she attempted to capture her breath.

She was engulfed by the erratic hammering of her heart, and the sound was all she could hear- that and the overlapping screams of pessimism that tore through her brain.

"Brace yourselves," Donghyuk's voice continued, yet his voice sounded distant.

As if on cue, a thunderous boom shook the entire building, sending the girl fumbling backwards. The ferocious screech of an explosion rived through Rin's eardrums, and she helped out in surprise as the ground lurched beneath her feet, causing her to stumble, unbalanced.

In a frenzy, Hongjoon's finger pulled against the trigger, and a chaotically loud bang spiraled through the air, but was barely heard over the beastly roaring of an explosion as Hongjoon staggered backwards as well.

Rin heard the shot, and her eyes went wide, her lungs desperately hitching in a breath as a violent warmth spread through her arm, yet her entire body felt numb.

Her eyes crazed, the girl hesitantly drew her eyes to the skin beneath her shoulder, only to see blood dripping from her flesh, summoning a panicked squeal to leave her lips.

Despite her hysteric mind, the girl only felt an intense heat bubbling from her arm- no pain whatsoever as her breathing quickened, her heart beating wildly against her rib cage.

Shocked into a panic, her delirious eyes darted around the room until she felt an intense queasiness sweep over her, forcing her to fall to her knees.

As she crumpled to the floor, she felt as if she were flying, dreaming, perhaps, as her numb, senseless body crashed to the ground with a thud.

After that, all she remembered was black.