You made it to the end!

-
Me
-

Rin's ears droned with echoes of the gunshot- the sound like an old car backfiring repeated over, and over, and over within her head, shaking her skull

All other noise blurred into nothingness, leaving behind the repetitive shot ringing in her ears and the high-pitched thrilling that followed, deeming the girl unable to hear past it for the moment.

The faint sound of frantic voices hid beneath the layer of sound that clogged Rin's ears- was someone yelling?

Her head spun round and round and round again, and her mind was hazy, disoriented- her thoughts scrambled into chaos. She felt dizzy, as if she was on a boat and had gotten sea sick- brain swaying within her skull.

She was cold, so very cold.

Her body was littered with goosebumps, rising like tiny gravestones on her arms, and her hands shook viciously as rivers of adrenaline rushed through her blood.

A sharp wind prickled her skin, and with ever burst of air that played with her hair, she awaited a bullet that was bound to whizz through it- piercing her tiny, vulnerable body.

"How could... I thought... partners...!"

She was sure someone was yelling now, but who? And why?

Eyes clamped so tight together it pained her, Rin's breath was ragged and uneven as she expected her unavoidably miserable pain unlike any other; waiting to feel her soul slip away from her body.

The build up to her coming affliction was more than she could bare, possibly worse than a bullet wound itself.

Like a gymnast, her heart tumbled endlessly within her chest, and it failed to hit a single beat on time with the tempo of her body- skipping, missing, and forgetting a thump repetitively.

Her fingers clutched they collar of her shirt as her breath idled inside of her throat, refusing to escape her body as her lungs cried for oxygen, but she didn't care; she barely even noticed.

Her tears were infused with broken dreams and pessimistic realizations, and they trickled from her eyes like cold rain from a grey cloud, dribbling down her chin and staining her baggy shirt.

Her head throbbed, her heart raced, her ears ached, and yet, everything felt so distant, as if she was locked inside of a dark, uneventful corner in her mind- unaware of the events of the real world.

The anticipation was Hell; as the seconds ticked by, her mind was devoid of a single thought as emptiness washed through her brain, desperately bracing herself for the agony of a bullet wound.

Someone was shaking her arm, yet she barely comprehended it, and she was unresponsive as she stood motionlessly in place, sinking into her sneakers like she was melting.

Before she knew it, she was running, or, rather, she was being dragged by a hand intertwined with her's.

Fumbling over her feet, the girl's eyes reluctantly cracked open, yet a surge of black dots danced through her vision, prompting her to blink them away.

As if a blurry lens had been lifted off of her eyes, the world in front her began to clear as sound slowly returned to her ears, and the shrill ringing that ravaged her brain began to fade away- replaced by the angry shouting of a male.

Her breath heaved in and out of her chest quickly as her legs pumped quickly against the ground, pulled by Chenle's large hand.

"You knocked me out?!" The voice wailed, words slurring like he had a concussion. "You bitch!"

Heavy footsteps scuffed the ground where Rin and Chenle fled from, as if someone were kicking a large, limp sack of potatoes.

Her lachrymose eyes grew wide and confused as they trailed up from her soulmate's arm, watching the back of Chenle's head as they darted further and further away from the scene they had just left.

"You said we would split the money you good-for
-nothing fucker!" The unfamiliar voice screeched from behind her.

Wind roared in her ears as she desperately ran against it, despairingly trying to keep up with Chenle as he dragged her along, pulling her away from the furious voices behind them.

"Wha-what's going on?!" She cried, heart speeding within her chest.

Chenle glanced over his shoulder, eyes finding Rin as he let out a breath of relief before returning his gaze to what was in front of him, picking up his pace.

"I'll explain it later!" He called back, continuing to speed onwards.

Panting heavily as her feet flew, Rin's head craned backwards as her hair tangled in her vision.

The two figures that she frantically ran from only seemed like silhouettes- clumps of color in the distance, however, she saw a lump of a human sprawled upon the side walk.

Long, black hair, shabby, stained attire, and a pale face- the woman was slumped into the ground, limply laying there like a heap of baggy clothes.

And red, there was red pooling at the base of her skull.

She was dead.

A man with clean-cut, brown hair towered over her, angrily shouting at her unresponsive body as his foot constantly made contact with her stomach, yet she didn't move.

Just above his brow, the mistakable color of blood stained the boys face, leaking into his eye as he hunched over the female, hurling heinously foul words at the woman. It seemed as if he had been hit by something solid, yet roundish- possibly the hilt of a gun, or some type of pole.

It was the man the deceased woman had walked past them with, then had disappeared- he was back.

Dressed in dark, oversized sweats, the male clutched a shiny, silver object within his hand as he screamed at the woman. The item had a thin, cylinder tube protruding from a bulkier handle-like base that he gripped onto, along with some type of chamber that connected the two.

Rin squinted at it as they rapidly sprinted farther and farther away from the two, and gasped loudly in between her heavy breaths as she realized what it was; a gun.

He had shot her.

All of the blood ran from Rin's face as her eyes snapped to the size of the earth, heart racing faster within her ribcage whilst she forced her eyes to Chenle yet again, commanding her legs to move quicker.

So perhaps a death threat prompted me to add this chapter so new ending I guess:P