Like or Like Like~64

-
Now you're the one that I'm calling
-

Rin fell backwards onto her bed, a large smile plastered over her lips, and her heart refused to calm, hammering against her chest- threatening to explode as she stared at the bleak ceiling, eyes glimmering with glee

As a swimming giddiness spun her brain round and round, her skin tingled with bliss as her cheeks began to hurt from grinning, feeling chaotically excited as her chest rose and fell quickly.

It seemed to good to be true, and she couldn't believe that she had actually kissed Zhong Chenle, the antagonistic, apathetic gang leader that she assumed hated her, but it seemed that her initial thought was on the contrary of reality.

In a daze, the girl suppressed a laugh as she realized how horrible Chenle was at expressing his emotions, and how misleading his cold actions tended to be.

Surely it hadn't happened; Chenle would never kiss her, right? If it ended up being a dream, she never wanted to wake up.

Like a school-girl with a crush, Rin excitedly kicked her legs up into the air, feeling her cheeks flush with warmth, thrilled beyond measure.

Rin was aware of the bond that eternally connected the two, and she could feel it seem to strengthen.

As if he was beside her, she felt a cozy warmth wash over her, and her mind buzzed quickly, but, although her thoughts were easily distinguishable as hers, she felt as though she could feel what he was thinking- not his actual thoughts, but a general mood or aura from them.

It left the soulmate's racing hearts beating at the same time, and, in a strange way, they felt somewhat synchronized- they were two halves of a whole, after all, and it felt as if they were slowly becoming just that; whole.

-

Chenle slouched into his chair as Jisung scurried in after him, holding a folder of profiles and bills to deal with.

Chenle exhaled a long, never-ending sigh as his eyes stared blankly at wall as he immediately zoned out, chest swirling with warmth.

His heart pounded thunderously against his rib cage, and it showed no sign of ever slowing- fueled by the thousands of thoughts that rampaged through his brain at impossible rates.

Chenle was barely able to restrain the smile that attempted to pull at his lips, and for the first time in what felt like an eternity, his irises gleamed with various emotions that raged through his mind; his body all at once, overwhelming his senses as a wave of vast sensations crashed onto him.

With ever inhale he took, he felt as if he was breathing in Rin's addicting scent, and as he released a breath, it seemed almost dreamy- his mind lost in the moment that had, regrettably, passed.