My Little~81

-
To break it down
-

Rin's eyes fluttered open, yet her vision- blurry and plagued by sleep- was blocked by a grey wall of fabric; one that was not recognizable as a blanket or sheet of her's

Eyelids heavy, the girl closed her eyes tightly before reopening them, but the material didn't fade from her eyesight, meaning that it wasn't some sort of strange dream, nor was it a dot in her vision.

Eyebrows furrowing, Rin's gaze sluggishly trailed upwards as bags dangled from her eyes, itching to fall back asleep.

A pale face invaded her vision- one she recognized to be Zhong Chenle, and Rin's eyes widened noticeably, breath catching in her throat for just a moment.

Her gaze drifted over his tranquil expression, and she realized she had never seen Chenle relaxed- he was always tense and was eternally prepared for a fist fight, even if the two were alone.

Yet, here he was, asleep

Contrasting Chenle's usual narrowed eyes and sharp glare, his eyes were closed and he looked carefree- as if nothing in the world could bother him as long as he slept.

His breath fell from his parted lips, slow and peaceful, and his black hair was strewn over his eyes, disheveled into a fluffy, endearing bird's nest.

Chenle's arm rested over the girl's back, holding her against his chest as their legs were woven together- their bodies pressed together like they had tried to merge into one person as they slept.

What she had initially mistaken for a wall of fabric was Chenle's hoodie, cocooning the girl in warmth.

The melody of birds chirping softly outside and the quiet rustling of wind-blown trees engulfed Rin's hearing, along with the deep, rhythmic sound of Chenle's breath.

Natural light spilled over his face, making his skin glisten like Edward from Twilight, she thought, and Rin began to imagine Chenle in such a strange movie, which caused a humorous smile to surface on her lips.

Rin assumed that the two had accidentally fallen asleep together during their We Bare Bears marathon, but she wasn't complaining- she didn't mind waking up and Chenle being the first thing she saw.

She could feel Chenle's heartbeat through the thin material of his hoodie, and it soothed her, sounding like the beat to a soft lullaby.

Her eyes raked over Chenle's complexion, unable to tear her gaze from his sun kissed face as his arms encircled her, trapping her in the idyllic moment.

Chenle's eyes slitted open, which made Rin immediately avert her eyes as warmth flushed to her cheeks, realizing she was staring.

Groggy from sleep, Chenle's barely-open eyes lingered on the girl for an eternity, as if he was processing the fact that he had just slept with Rin, surprised he wasn't dreaming.

With a lack of places to look, Rin's eyes flickered around aimlessly, but she was surrounded by Chenle- trapped in his arms, engulfed in his hoodie, and observed by his eyes.

"Good morning," He emitted, blinking his sluggishness from his eyes.

Coated in sleep, his voice seemed deeper than the ocean, husky, and tired, causing a chill to run up Rin's spine- surprised.

"'Morning," She squeaked.

As if Chenle finally realized that he was practically cuddling the girl into his chest, Chenle began to unravel his arms from Rin and somehow managed to untangle his legs from her's.

Whilst his face remained apathetic, Rin's lips curved into a pout as her fingers loosely clung to the front of his hoodie as he leisurely began to sit up, his haphazard hair falling into his eyes.

Running his fingers through his dark hair, Chenle's eyes flickered down to the girl beside him, who laid motionlessly- too lazy to get up from her bed.

Noticing Rin's hand dangling from his sweatshirt, without realizing it, Chenle's lips quirked up into a small, thin smile, which caused the girl to gasp dramatically.

"You smiled!" She cheered, eyes wide. "I didn't know you could do that!"

Her lips curved into a grin that rivaled the size of the earth and her eyes twinkled with stars brighter than the ones in the sky, making Chenle's heart melt into a puddle.

Chenle's face immediately fell blank as she spoke, staring at her with his usual dead stare- devoid of his, although slight, smile.

Despite the disappearance of it, Rin's lips continued to stretch from ear to ear as she hopped up- nearly head butting Chenle- sitting up properly to face to the boy.

Pushing her knotted hair out if her face so she could see better, Rin cooed at the boy about a smile that had already past, but her excited expression made Chenle want to do it again.

"It was cuteeeeeee," She uttered, head tilting to the side.

Small craters marked the girl's cheeks, craters known as dimples, and the brown stars that decorated her cheeks in the form of freckles were accentuated by them, eyes dilated ever so slightly.

Chenle noticed that she was looking at him strangely; her eyes held genuine care and endearment, filled with softness as they glittered with life.

He found himself falling into the vast void of her eyes, lost within the sugary maze of caramel and chocolatey hues, making him feel... tingly.

No one else had eyes like her's, and they confused him, prompting his eyebrows to knit together.

He was unaccustomed to them; his co-workers looked at him with seriousness or fear, strangers looked at him with unease, enemies looked at him with malice or terror- even Iseul looked at him like he was an object, a thing to use.

Yet there was Rin, eyes pooling with regard for human life and adoration, which was something that was so utterly unusual that it almost drove Chenle to insanity as he tried to deduce why; why was she so unique compared to the others?

A breath fell from Chenle's mouth, lips pressed into a thin line as his gaze darted around her face, trying to understand the girl, despite knowing he would never be able to.

"You're so different," He murmured in a soft voice, observing every inch of her expression.

"From who?" She asked happily, smiling broadly as she observed him right back.

"Everyone," He answered, confusion written on his face.