Rescue Me~67

-
Feeling like I'm out of my mind 'cause I can't get enough
-

As if her mouth was a black hole that sucked in every piece of food on her plate, she devoured the pancakes that Jaemin had provided for her, hoping to get out of the house as quickly as she could

Once she had finished, she quickly stood straight up, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she watched Chenle stand up beside her, almost exhausted by her thrill.

His emotionless stare bore into the girl as Rin's smile proceeded to grow endlessly, and he watched as her eyes sparkled with excitement as she clasped her hands over her chest, glee written upon her face.

"How are you always so happy?" Chenle mumbled, genuinely confused.

"How are you not?" She scoffed humorously, gazing up at him.

Chenle's eyebrows scrunched together as he began to question we logic, but didn't argue- glancing down at her attire.

Ever since Chenle had taken her to his home, she had only owned and worn one outfit, for they had no suitable, female clothing in what was practically a boy's dorm.

Sure, on the first gang mission of theirs that Rin had attended, she had worn a rather revealing set of clothes, but no one had provided her any other clothes, nor had she ever complained about it- which left Chenle feeling guilty.

Her shirt was torn, and dozens of small dots of blood coated her clothes, which left her appearing as if she had just walked through a massacre, dried gore splattered across her pale, porcelain skin, greatly contrasting her pure appearance.

"Uh- do you want to clean up a bit before we go?" He asked, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Blood might worry your dad..."

Taking a quick glance down, Rin's gaze fell towards her ragged clothes, breath hitching in her throat as her eyes widened, smile faltering unnaturally.

Her heart lurched within her chest, and she stared at her dishieveled clothes with surprise- almost not expecting to look so rugged.

It felt as if the whole ordeal was a dream, and she was beginning to stir. Like she hadn't fully believed her experiences, and was merely drifting through time like a robot, responding to everything with the same, programmed responses that were hardwired into her brain.

Rin breathily laughed, yet it seemed inhuman and forced, but her lips curled into a smile once again, nodding quickly.

"Y-yeah, of course," She grinned, prompting Chenle to narrow his eyes with suspicion.

-

Rin stumbled into the bathroom, hands clutching the rim of the sink tightly until her knuckles shone white, breath erratic and forced.

Her unbrushed hair acted like a curtain, blocking her face as she stared intensely at the drain- smile still plastered on her lips.

Her head was low, and her fingers felt like they would snap off of her body at any moment as her clutch tightened on the cold, pale sink, but she didn't care- lost within the vast void of her mind.

Where her heart was supposed to be was a hollow crevice, and her body was overwhelmed by a sense of emotional numbness, but she desperately tried to ignore it- focusing on the aching of her cheeks as she continued to grin.

Had she never noticed such a hollow feeling before? Had she suppressed it?

Like a matryoshka missing the fun, wondrous dolls that lurked inside, Rin felt as though she was lacking the natural, cheerful charms that she once had, and was left with a shell of what she used to be.

All of the unique, dazzling dolls of a matryoshka represented an emotion, or a different version of Rin, but she was devoid of any of them, and exoskeleton that was meant to hold such fascinating features of her personality was all that remained- absolutely purposeless.

As if she was trying to cheer herself up, the girl chuckled to herself lowly, running a hand over her face.

Rin viciously shook her head, like that would cause her ravaging thoughts to cease, and quickly spun around, eyes landing on the modern, tile shower beside her, sucking in a long breath.

Repetitively chanting to herself that she was absolutely fine, Rin quickly figured out how to function the shower, and she pulled her shirt over her head, undressing until she could step into the waterfall of streaming water without being burnt, nor frozen.

Pelting against her head like heavy rain, the water crashed down upon her almost unexpectedly, feeling dragged down by it.

Rin ran her hand through her hair as one side of her smile fell, whilst the other remained quirked upwards, teeth flashing, which manifested an ominous, almost detached aura to waft off of her, but she couldn't bring herself to care, barely aware of her wicked, crooked grin was in her existence.

Her eyes fell to the ground, and ever muscle in her body tensed- freezing into a state of pessimism.

Her slightly wide eyes were glued to the waves of watery, red liquid that lapped against her feet, sloshing against her skin harmlessly as her heart began to speed dangerously within her ribcage.

The terrifying part was that the tainted blood seemed to mix with the pure, clear water of the shower endlessly- crawling out of her hair, trickling from behind her ears, flooding from any cut that marked her skin without a single hint that the tsunami of gore would ever cease.

And she watched it like she had to- like her eyes were unable to glance away, even for a moment, she stared intensely at the red, foreboding liquid.

Her gaze followed it as it streamed down her pallid skin, streaking her body with thin, vile rivers of blood before those, too, began to circle her feet in a surge of substances, lingering around the girl before slipping down the drain- never to be seen again.

But she just kept smiling, reciting to herself that she would be okay.