Paper Hearts~14

-
Tell me, baby
-

Chenle sighed aguishly as his eyes fell onto the stack of paperwork that piled onto his desk, and he leisurely sat in front of it all- not hesitating to dig into the mountain of work that swarmed his eyes

Chenle sighed aguishly as his eyes fell onto the stack of paperwork that piled onto his desk, and he leisurely sat in front of it all- not hesitating to dig into the mountain of work that swarmed his eyes. Pulling out a random paper from the stack, he began to paint words onto forms and medical bills as his mind swam with quick math calculations and numerous quick assumptions.

Dozens of analyzations buzzed through his brain as he diminished the plentiful forms that needed doing, almost like a robot- focused and devoid of distraction.

That's how it usually was, at least.

For some reason, a unrelated thought invaded his brain, and his eyes shifted from his page, which left staring at the wall in front of him.

Do you know that feeling you have when you've been touched- so much that you're body ceases to feel like your own? That's what Chenle felt, and his entire body tingled with Rin's left over body heat, which was both displeasing and... nice?

Pushing the thought from his mind, his eyes locked onto Jeno's surgery bill, in which Jeno had gotten shot in a fight, but NCT's medical workers were away, so they had to use a hospital. He scribbled a few words onto the paper, before a thought took ahold of his brain once more, and his pen remained motionless on the last letter he wrote.

His lips, something about his lips.

Chenle could tell something had wrapped around his hand whilst he slept, the same way he could tell that someone was snugged up against his chest, and of course, something had been done to his lips.

They tingled with a cozy warmth, and Chenle couldn't tell if he hated it or loved it, but continuously tried to push the thought from his mind- failing.

He lifted his left hand and touched the bottom of his lip with the pad of his thumb, lost in thought. Sighing, he leaned back in his chair, and his vision was met with only a blank, white ceiling, whilst his mind raged in a explosion of color.

Fuck you, Rin.

-

"Are you sure about this?" Rin squeaked, and her head whipped around cautiously.

Jaemin had somehow convinced her to exit her room, even if it was only to eat breakfast. Rin was strangely nervous despite the simplicity of the action, but she couldn't help it- if your soulmate was murderous and hated your guts, would you just freely waltz around his house?

"Yeah, I'm sure, you need to move every once in a while," Jaemin assured, and prodded Rin forward whilst she hesitated, "He's not going to kill you."

"You don't know that," Rin murmured, and Jaemin sighed miserably.

"He wouldn't do that to himself," Jaemin uttered, and she shrugged uncertainly.

"Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that he's terrifying," She shivered, and her brain screamed to run back to her room.

Jaemin, she left strangely comfortable with the guy. He was nice, and he had supported her through her endeavors, whether she was dying or speaking forlornly about home. Jaemin listened to her thoughts and troubles caringly, and even offered up the occasional word of advice or reassurance so calm her raging mind, which was greatly appreciated.

Chenle was practically the opposite of him, to be honest. He was cold, and was all about business, work, and statistics, yet was lacking in care for human emotion, nor did he seem to have any. He was simply complex, as if he weren't human, yet the best business man known to human kind, even if his business was gang-related ordeals.

"He's not that bad," Jaemin reassured, and Rin's head fell to him.

"Excuse me?" She muttered in disbelief, and he actually thought about his words.

"Maybe he is, but he's not a monster, you get me?" Jaemin tried, and Rin cocked a brow, "I take that back. He's not you're worst nightma- perhaps he is, he isn't totally ev-"

"You're just burying yourself in the hole you dug," Rin sighed, sighing out her nerves.

"Yup, I'll stop," Jaemin mumbled, and Rin nodded.

Rin hesitantly stumbled into the living room, and lo behold, Chenle sat on the couch beside Jeno, examining a paper intricately. His eyes flicked upwards and met Rin's, and she swallowed anxiously, freezing as their gaze held.