50 Proof~48

-
If I introduce you to my demons, baby
-

Rin's breath was held hostage by her throat, unable to escape through a simple exhale that seemed next to impossible; breathing was the least of her worries

Her bottom lip was close to bleeding as she habitually bit down on it, and as her quivering eyes locked on a raven head of hair, the metallic taste of blood infiltrated her mouth, coloring her lip a more noticeable red than any lipstick ever could.

Fingers now loosely clinging onto the handle of the drooping gun, Rin's eyes were wide as she was hit by a wave of emotions, too many feelings flooding her body that she couldn't register, causing her to feel numb- almost like she was floating.

It had been five years, and he had grown, but she could recognize him anywhere.

The first thing she saw was black, slick hair wading through a crowd of people, and the issue of Stay Kids' arrival seemed irrelevant, almost petty compared to the ghost she wasn't sure she was seeing.

As he slid through the surrounding gang members, the twinkling eyes of a young boy came into view, emitting their own light to illuminate such a dark world. His bittersweet orbs held caution, yet a childish glee shone through his irises as he gazed upon Rin, desperately pushing through the small crowd.

His kind smile caused Rin to malfunction, for she was sure that she'd never see that perfect grin again. It were as if nothing was wrong; the world was perfect, or perhaps he could see through its faults and had accepted it as immaculate, and his dazzlingly cheerful demeanor accentuated that cuts smile of his, braces gleaming cutely.

He had grown taller, and now towered at least four inches over the girl, and such a sight made her heart ache, regretting the fact that she had lost so many years with him.

Finally coming into full view, the boy maneuvered around the last gang member, standing between Changbin and Chan as his he gazed upon her, barely believing his eyes as he wondered if it was all real.

However, if it was a dream, he didn't want to wake up.

Tears shimmering above Rin's eyelashes, the shaking gun that was barely clutched in her fingers leisurely began to lower, sure her eyes were deceiving her.

"Jeongin?" She almost whimpered, soft, lachrymose eyes grazing over him.

"Hi, Rin," The boy uttered, his cheeky grin stretching his face.

A tear slithered down the girl's cheek, and, bottom lip quivering, she dashed forward, letting her crash into his chest, arms wrapping around his torso instinctively.

His embrace engulfed her, and Rin let herself sink into his warm hoodie, tears soaking it as she held him closer, barely allowing him to breathe, but he didn't mind.

Hugging him tighter, the girl pulled away from him, eyebrows furrowing as a new, sober anger built up in her chest, and she punched his shoulder, bottom lip protruding as she glared at him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were alive?!" She scolded, chest swirling with emotion.

"I thought you and Dad were dead!" Jeongin defended, palms up in surrender.

The girl froze, head tilting subtly as she processed his words, lips parted in a loss for words.

"What?" She squeaked, eyebrows drawn in confusion.