1

It was the day before the Chuunin exams in Konohagure. Teams from the different villages were coming together for the event. Kaida Mizuno was sitting up near the Hokage rockface, leaning against a Large shaded tree, cleaning her chakrams from her last mission with her team. Next to her was one of her summons, a small white wolf pup, Hara, was snoozing blissfully in the sun. She had just finished training with her team and her sensei, Sensui. There was tension in the air as she waited for the day to finish and turn into morning. She couldn’t wait until tomorrow.

--

Sasuke was walking through the streets, glad to be back, but still hating the isolation he felt whenever he stepped into the Uchiha compound. Tomorrow was the Chuunin exams, and while he knew he was ready, he didn’t know if his teammates would be.

Kakashi had pulled some strings so that Silver,  an orphan his friend from the anbu had left on his doorstep, could partake the exam with his team. Team 7 would now be a four man team.

--

Silver was on the training grounds, training hard as ever. She was fast and strong enough to rival Sasuke Uchiha, which in turn angered a blonde haired boy. But she didn't care. She also didn't care how Sakura and Ino seemed to be jealous of her interaction with Sasuke. It was like he was a normal boy, and they didn't like that.

Kakashi worried for her though, knowing how badly she wanted to find the someone who suddenly disappeared from her life. He just hoped she was ready for tomorrow.

Kaida sighed softly as she held her chakram in the air, wanting to see if she could spot any irregularities. When she didn’t, she let herself smile and set the weapon at her side, tucking the cloth away. Staring up at the sky, she thought about her brother, wondering where he was. She hadn’t seen him since she was eight, when she fell sick and he left her to find some medicine. Her heart ached to see him again, but every chance that she tried was denied by her sensei and the Hokage.

--

Haku stepped into the Hidden Leaf village, his face hidden behind a plain mask as Zabuza led him and two hired ninjas. Zabuza saved his life, but they were both hiding themselves from being revealed by wearing masks. There wasn’t a day that passed that he didn’t try finding his sister. He still felt guilt over leaving her, and he wouldn’t believe she was dead.

“Haku, let’s go.” Zabuza instructed and silently they followed the man.

Silver eventually stopped her training assault and headed back to Kakashi's place. Tomorrow would be the big day.. First, a written test, then another test, and following was the main part of the test.

She thanked him for the meal, then went to bed.

The morning of the exams around Kaida sitting on top a desk in the classroom on the third floor. Her teammates, Iki and Bo sat next to her, their eyes watching carefully as people entered the room. There were many tough characters there already, but there was still time before the exam started. They heard all nine rookies were entering, and that one team was going to have four people on it. Kaida found herself sighing as she picked at her nails, the black fingerless gloves on her hands were worn as she waited to see who else would make it.

When Haku entered the room, he immediately scanned who was already there. His eyes landed on a young girl sitting next to two boys who were chatting amongst themselves. The girl looked familiar, but she had her head down and he couldn’t see her properly. He led the way to the other side of the room where they hunkered down until the start of things, but his eyes never left her form.

Silver skipped out on breakfast just so her and Kakashi wouldn't be late meeting their team. She was both excited, and nervous. She was a smart girl, but she doubted herself. Naruto and Sakura were both getting ready before heading out to meet with their team.
Silver ran a head of Kakashi when she saw Sasuke and met with him, frowning as she noticed he was the only one there, but it didn't take long for the others to meet up with them, then they entered the classroom.