23

Tsunade waited for the two to be out of the building before knocking, and walking into Jiraiya's room. She closed the door and went to his bedside. "You knew, didn't you?" She asked quietly, referring to the chances of him not surviving fighting Pain.

--

Silver quietly followed him to the ramen booth and ordered one of the simpler bowls of ramen, to his surprise. "Seems like you're becoming quite the regular." The man said to her and she nodded lightly. "You're place is really the only ramen I like." She murmured softly.

--

Shikamaru knew he shouldn't push himself so hard, but he couldn't help it. Him and father both worried about how things were picking up again, and they had to be prepared for whatever was in store for the them and the village.

Jiraya sighed when Tsunade entered and looked out the window. "Of course..." he spoke quietly and looked over at the woman. "Is that why you sent Kinimaru?" He asked.

--

Naruto gave the man a small smile, knowing he sensed something wrong. "Yours is the best." He said, ordering a more simpler bowl himself.

--

Kaida knew the others were getting ready for something bigger to come. Even she and her wolves were doing more searches for answers.

Tsunade shook her head when he spoke. "Kinimaru went on her own accord, just like you. It wasn't until she used one of her shadow summons to send word to me that she found you, that I realized what I had done by letting her go." She said quietly. Even if she had tried to stop her, she knew the woman wouldn't have listened.

--

Silver nodded. "I wanted to try to make my own ramen, then some stuff happened.. I haven't gotten to yet." She murmured quietly, glancing at him. "I don't know what's happened, but don't retreat into yourself, kid. You've come a long way since the first time I met you." He said to her calmly, and Silver lowered her eyes.

Jiraya nodded his head. "I'm glad she did though... but at a price. She sent me here... I don't know what's happened to her..." he told her quietly. "I don't know how to tell Silver... or Kakashi..." he said with a sigh. He wasn't stupid, he saw the similarities with Silver, and heard that the two were close.

--

Naruto gently kissed her temple. "We'll get to it." He reassured her, knowing things had just spiraled downwards. He hoped she would cheer up, but he knew she was worried. She felt just as deeply as he did.

Tsunade was actually glad he didn't press her, since she had indeed ask the woman, but now, she couldn't bring herself to admit it to him, seeing the state he was in and how she wasnt here as well. "Silver and her mother aren't as close as you think.. But she's a changed woman. Everything she did was for the safety of her child, I understand that now." She said. "Did you at least learn anything about Pain, and how to fight him?" She asked.

--

The man smiled some when he noticed the closeness of the two. They were even closer than the last time he saw them. He set their bowls down when they were ready and Silver thanked him before slowly beginning eat.

Jiraya nodded his head, "She is still her mother, it will still sting..." he murmured quietly. "He's strong, Pain... he's also one of the the children I took under my wing..." he told her, then explained what he knew and what the two of them had found out.

--
Naruto thanked the man as he started eating. There was so much going on, and so much that had happened. Hopefully Silver would start smiling again once the Sage fully recovered, but he was worried about what he had to tell them.