15

Naruto smiled and stood, placing an arm around Silver to help keep her steady as they headed back to the hospital. “Thank you.” He said softly.

Jiraya chuckled and patted Tsunade’s shoulder. “Come on, I’ll buy drinks after this.” He offered.

--

Kaida smiled softly and took a sip of tea, the warmth of it flooding her body as she set the cup down and stared into the liquid. She hoped the talk with his father was helping Shikamaru.

Once they had gotten back to the hospital room, Silver tightly held Naruto's hand as Tsunade began healing her damaged arm.

--

Shikamaru was with his father through part of the evening, playing a game of shogi, and taking, until the boy snapped and broke down. The man then left the room and joined the girls, glancing at Kaida. "He'll be alright." He said, offering her a fatherly smirk.

"He's in the back room, if you want to go to him." He offered.

Naruto held her hand, giving it a squeeze as he sat next to, making sure to be out of the way. He kept silent though, not wanting to distract the woman as he offered Silver his comfort and assurance that he was there with her.

--

Kaida looked up when he returned having just finished her tea. She gave him a soft smile back nodding her head at his words. Shikamaru had a lot of people here to help him. She looked towards the back room and excused herself from the two and headed to join Shikamaru. “Hey.” She spoke softly, coming up to his side.

Silver grit her teeth and closed her eyes. "How much more?" She asked wearily. "I don't even know if I can fix it with my medical jutsu alone, Silver. Just bare with me." Tusnade murmured quietly. The nerves in her arm were tangled in a way she didn't even think was possible, bolus there was damage to the muscles and the chakra flow, in top of the curse mark having spread "Silver, try and build your chakra." She instructed.

Silver closed her eyes and did so.

--

Shikamaru was sitting on the floor, and staring at the the scattered shogi pieces, before hearing her. He glanced at her as if ready to let go of the pain and anger he felt towards losing his teacher.

Naruto frowned at what he was hearing but still didn’t question anything, no matter how much he wanted to. He could tell this was difficult, so he stayed quiet.

--

Kaida sat beside him, wrapping an arm around him gently. She would be there for him, it was the least she could do as he went through the pain and grief.

Silver focused on building her chakra, until her curse mark surfaced, and extended down her damaged arm like vines. She grit he teeth and leaned into Naruto. Tusnade frowned some, her eyebrows knitting together.

--

Shikamaru lightly leaned against her and wrapped his arms around her.
Naruto wrapped an arm around her, using his other to take hold of the hand he held before, giving it a squeeze. He hated seeing her in pain like this, and he wondered what Tsunade was seeing.

--

Kaida rested her head against his, gently giving him a squeeze as they sat there. “How you doing?” she asked quietly, knowing the answer wouldn’t be all positive.

Tsunade's chakra faded and she stood. "Naruto, take her to your place to rest." She said, noticing how fast the girl had lost consciousness after her mark had faded. "She might get a fever, but don't panic. Alright?" She said, glancing at him.