33

Kaida rested her head against his shoulder, hoping they would find something out.

--

Jiraya smiled at her softly, nodding his head. “He'll probably tell you this when he returns, but that was his father.” He kept his voice quiet, so only Silver would hear him. “He was the Fourth Hokage, and my student.” He explained softly.

--

“I understand what you want through, and why all three of you decided to go down the route you did.” Naruto spoke softly, nodding to Konan as well. “But, Jiraya believes in you, even now he still believes in you. And I believe in him, no matter what happened, I believe in what he believes. I won’t kill you, Nagato, and if you want to know why, I’ll tell you.” He said to him, a soft, understanding smiling gracing his face as he finally understood why his teacher reacted as he did when it concerned these guys.

Shikamaru glanced at her and kissed her temple.

--

Silver nodded some when he spoke and lightly leaned against the sage. "Is that why you took Naruto as your student?" She asked softly.

--

Nagato was thrown off by his words. "You said.. You'd hunt me down if I killed her.. And you had list of people to trounce me for." He reminded. What happened to the hatred he held for him? The will to want to kill him, for destroying his village and killing so many people.

Kaida smiled softly and leaned up, kissing his cheek.

--

Jiraya chuckled softly and shook his head. “No.” he spoke softly and looked out at the village. “I haven’t told this to Naruto yet… but I’m his godfather… his father was not just my student, but also a dear friend. I just haven’t found the time to tell Naruto though… but I will.” He admitted.

--

Naruto just smiled at the man, all the anger he had in him before was gone and replaced with understanding after hearing Nagato’s story. “I did say that, but she’s alive, and after hearing your story, I see part of me in you… plus. There’s Jiraya's story…” he said, pulling out the Sage's book that he had taken some time ago. “The main character's name is Naruto…” he murmured and began reading the story to the friends.

Shikamaru smiled and draped an arm around her.

--

Silver smiled, then lower her eyes after he spoke. "No rush.. Right?" She murmured quietly. "I wish, I had gotten to know Kakashi as more than a teacher.. He was my father.." She murmured, not remembering if she told him or not.

--

After talking with the boy a bit longer, he started to remember his old self, and his dreams, and the time he spent with his friends and Jiraiya.

"I think.. I'll try to believe in you too, Naruto Uzumaki.. Just as Jiraiya-sensei does.." He said calmly, before using a jutsu to give life back to those he killed in the leaf village. "Nagato!" Konan gasped, knowing what would happen if he used that in his condition.
Kaida smiled softly as she wrapped an arm around his middle.

--

Jiraya smirked a bit and gave her shoulder a squeeze. “Trust me when I say, he would be so proud of you, and how much you have grown since you came here.” He spoke softly, meaning every word.

--

Naruto stared at the man, standing suddenly. “What’s going on?” he asked, alarmed with what was happening as he looked over at Konan, seeing that she knew what was happening.