12

Silver was quiet for a moment, before she shook her head. "It can't be helped then.. I'm leaving the village as soon as I'm healed." She murmured softly. "..and i won't back until I know the bastard can't control me." She murmured, feeling it was for the best if she left. She felt horrible, and she knew Naruto felt worse than she did. So much damage had been done in one day.. She'd kill the snake herself if she had to, to be free of him.

--

Shikamaru chuckled and gave her a squeeze when she spoke, despite his flush. "Yea, I know what you mean." He said, rubbing the back of his head. He missed her too, and worried something would happen.

Jiraya frowned at that, but he understood why she was planning on leaving. “He'll come after you, you know that, right?” he warned her. They both knew the blonde well enough. No matter the guilt within in, he would go after her.

--

Kaida smiled softly and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. “I should probably get home and wash up…” she murmured, knowing she was still sweaty and dusty after everything. “Want to meet up later, if you have nothing going on?” she asked curiously, tilting her head a bit.

Silver nodded lightly. "Maybe I'll find koga while I'm gone.." She murmured softly. "What about you? Will you come after me as well, since you technically trained us both." She asked curiously, glancing at him.

--

Shikamaru let go of her and pat her head lightly. "I'll make sure I'm free later." He teased.

Jiraya told Silver that he would probably take Naruto out of the village to train him in using the nine-tail fox and how to use its power more efficiently once he was better. Before he left for the day, he told her to talk to Naruto once he’s awake and make sure the kid was alright, since he would probably act distantly towards her out of guilt.

Naruto woke up sometime in the night staring up at the ceiling as he relived the moment he hurt Silver. His stomach turned at the memory, and he squeezed his eyes shut, gripping his hands into fists. He stayed like that until morning, unable to fall back asleep, the image continuously plaguing him. How could he ever face her again? What could he even say?

--

Kaida took a nice, long bath once she got home, treating herself to a luxury she often didn’t take. Once she finished she got dressed in comfortably clothing and relaxed with her wolves for a bit, relishing the time back in her own home. She met up with Shikamaru after he was finished and the two spent time at her place, falling asleep as they often did.

In the morning, she constantly nuzzled and curled into Shikamaru, a small purr escaping her as she dozed constantly next to him.

Silver listened and dozed against Naruto until she felt him shifting, still curled up next to him. "Naruto.." She murmured softly, slowly opening her eyes. Then she sat up and gently hugged him before he could get away from her. "Don't..run.." She murmured softly. "I don't hate you.. It wasn't your fault.. You're my best friend. That won't change.." She murmured softly, hoping that by telling him how she felt, he'd stop blaming himself. Orochimaru was at fault, not him.

--

Shikamaru went home after helping his dad a bit more. He got cleaned up and helped his mom with dinner. After dinner, he left to meet Kaida and hung out with her until they fell asleep.

When morning came, he woke with her nuzzling against him and he smiled some at her purr.

Naruto hugged Silver tightly to him, he didn't know what had happened to her. Before he could say anything, tears ran down his face. "I hurt you..." he whispered. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Silver." He told her quietly, still feeling the guilt.