31

Kin's arm was finally finished, and Silver made sure she and Kakashi were there when the medical ninjas let her try it out.

Kinimaru had healed more, but because of the amount of time she had spent recovering, she'd need help getting back into the flow of things. She wasn't ready to be released either. She'd need more time to properly heal, and she didn't like that too much. Kakashi offered to stay with her and she simply told him to watch over Silver.

She knew what their daughter was thinking.

--

Shikamaru enjoyed reading the books from the library, and learning about her clan with her. He loved every minute of it, even when he read about some of the darker history.

Naruto breathed evenly as he continued concentrating, it was strange to feel the different energies that came into him as he sat there. But he was now starting to pick out the difference in each energy, and sense how they worked together.

--

Kaida looked up from the book she was reading about the Yuki clan, the only clan in the Land of Water that fit into her skillset. It was interesting to finally read information about them, though there wasn’t a lot. “Everything makes sense…” she murmured, just having finished reading about how her people integrated with society after the wars to hide who they were. It explained why her mother cried the day she died after finding out so it her and Haku had inherited the kekkei genkai.

Kinimaru was resting, so Kakashi tagged behind Silver  and Reyna when she left the hospital since she wanted to train with him and her pup.

--

Shikamaru glanced at her from reading one of the other books when she spoke. "Find something?" He asked curiously and quietly.

Naruto let out a soft breath before he was smacked with the pole again, knocking out the energy inside him, causing him to groan as he stared over at the toad. “Do you always do this?” he complained, rubbing his head. He was trying to find balance with the natural energy, his own strength and energy. It was hard finding that balance, bug he was sure he was on the right track.

“Yes, all the time.” Jiraya chuckled coming up to the ledge with a small smirk. “Figured you might want a break.” He offered, holding up a bag of food.

--

Kaida nodded her head as she shuffled over to him to show him what she had found. “It’s about the clans migrating into society after the wars.” She murmured softly.

Training with her first sensei and newer partner was fun, finding ways to include the pup in her earth jutsus.

It wasn't until Kakashi went to bring the two a snack and left them a lone for a moment that the anbu showed up. "Reyna, go." She said, feeling cornered and didn't want her pup to get hurt. Reyna was reluctant, but she scampered off to the den to get Kouen for help.

Silver kept her eyes on the anbu around her, unsure if she would put up a fight or not. These were anbu.. If she fought them, wouldn't that make her their enemy?

--

Shikamaru set his book down when she came close to him and glanced at her book, blinking. "Hey, you're right." He murmured in agreement.

Naruto chuckled softly and nodded his head, standing with a groan before jumping up to join the Sage. “Sounds good.” He agreed and the two went off to relax for a moment before they continued training.

--

Kouen was restless, he always was whenever he wasn’t in the same area as Kaida. It was rare for the wolf to not be with the teen, but he understood why she couldn’t bring them along. He was grateful Shikamru was with her though, there was at least someone else there to help protect her.