Promise~8

-
I won't blame you if you do
-

After that first fateful day, she decided she didn't want to emerge from her room

After that first fateful day, she decided she didn't want to emerge from her room. Jeno and Jaemin commonly tried to get her out just to eat, but she refused, in fear that she might accidentally run into Chenle, because in all honesty, he scared the shit out of her.

Whenever she saw him, flashes of the barrel of the gun he nonchalantly waved around in her face sprinted through her mind, and it terrified her. Soulmate or not, if he wouldn't of died, he would of pulled that trigger without a second thought, and that shook her to her core.

Jaemin occasionally stopped by to provide her with food, which she greatly appreciated, despite him being her kidnapper. Although she was wary of him, she had begun to think that Jaemin wasn't that bad, and trusted him more than anyone else in their little gang.

It was her third day in solitude, and she felt extremely uncomfortable in her own skin. Her arms seemed to crawl with dozens of spiders, and she shivered, beginning to feel sick. She was queasy and her body was getting increasingly getting warmer, which made her believe she was getting a fever. Her stomach ached with the pain of a thousand knifes piercing her flesh, but what could she do?

She was no idiot, she knew what it was.

Without any physical contact from her soulmate, she was being plunged into a slow, five-day death.

Part of her wanted Chenle to walk through the door and hold her hand, but the other wanted him to stay away, in fear that she would be held at gun point and he would actually kill them both because she was that excruciating.

Huffing out a heavy breath, she wiped the thick, warm sweat off of her forehead with the back of her hand, and her head fell to the side- languished as she heard the door click open.

In came Jaemin, and Rin smiled thinly, which he returned. He held a plate in his hands, and it contained a small sandwich for her to eat that he made himself.

"Hey..." He muttered, knowing all too well what it was like not to be in contact with your soulmate.

"Hi," She croaked, her voice strained.

Jaemin placed the plate on the blanket beside her, before sitting on the edge of the bed, worriedly glancing girl over.

Her brown hair was sticking to her skin as sweat captivated the strings, making her look like she had been drenched in water. Huge bags weighed down her eyes, and her gaze was dark and anguished as she weakly met his eyes, making Jaemin's eyes soften.

"How do you do this so often?" She whispered quietly, barely trusting her voice as she spoke.

Jaemin sighed, honestly feeling quite similar to Rin at the moment.

"I got used to it," He shrugged, and the frail girl nodded curtly.

"That must have been hard," She shakily uttered, and Jaemin's gaze fell to the ground.

The pain that had welled in his chest due to lack of contact seemed to get worse as he thought of Yeji, but what could he do? She was in ITZY, they couldn't be together, yet they were soulmates; they were meant to be.

If only she saw it that way.

"You have no idea," He whimpered quietly, and her eyes filled with pity, "You know, you kind of remind me of her."

Rin's eyebrows scrunched together, and she gazed up at him as she anticipated his words, awaiting him to clarify.

"You're stubborn, aware, and strong, like she is, but you don't realize how much you need Chenle," He sighed, gazing at Rin sadly.

Her eyes fell to him, and she let out a sigh, feeling sick to her stomach as she continued to feel increasingly sluggish.

"I-I don't want to die, and I know I need him like that but, frankly, he doesn't want me," Rin chuckled sadly, vulnerability filtering through her voice.

"Join the club," Jaemin articulated, laying down next to her, "He's also stubborn as fuck, but he'll come around. I'll see to it."

Rin's eyes fell to her new 'friend', and she was excruciatingly grateful for him.

"Thank you," She whispered, and he grinned at her sadly, "I wish I could do something for you too."

"Nah, I kidnapped you, remember? Think of it as me making it up to you," He uttered, and she sighed.

"In all honesty, Chenle's the one that kidnapped me," She murmured, feeling her chest seize in pain at his name, "I don't blame you."

Jaemin chuckled solemnly, and his eyes held a dark, regretful glimmer, which confused the girl. Jaemin's blue hair fell into his face as he raked a hand through it, staring up at the ceiling as his soulmate bond cause him, as well, to feel the worst torture there was.

Distance.

"You should," Jaemin whispered, and the girl's eyebrows drew together.

"What do you mean?" She mumbled, and he froze.

His eyes twinkled with anguish as his body remained immobile, and a dozen indistinguishable thoughts rampaged through his mind. A heavy breath fell from his lips as he left the question unanswered, avoiding eye contact as much as he could.

Suddenly, he sat up, sluggishly standing as he gazed at her miserably as he shot her a pained smile.

"You should eat," He said quietly, and she hesitantly nodded.

Once he had closed the door behind him, she warily looked at the sandwich before swallowing her nerves, and she took a small bite out of it. A blow of nausea seemed to punch her in the stomach, and she clamped a hand over her mouth, hastily wobbling out of her bed an kneeling over the toilet bowl and heaving up her insides.

Walking from the room's grasp, a dry lump formed in Jaemin's throat as he walked down the hall, far from Rin's hearing range. Biting his lip in both nerves and anger, his mouth snapped open, his head on a swivel.

"Zhong fucking Chenle!" He shouted, a wave of emotions drowning him.

👀

👀