Chapter 2 - The One Where Kit Knows Something That Phana Doesn't

Kit's POV

Well, well, well. Isn't this a juicy little development?

Well... It could be. Mmmm, maybe not. He might not even care. No, what am I talking about? Of course he'll care. It's been over a year... Maybe he really won't care. He hasn't mentioned anything since back then, so maybe it's not so juicy after all.

Fuck! I'm worrying about why he cares... Why do I care?

I stomp up the stairs of Phana's dorms, still thinking about whether he'll care when I find myself at his door. I pause before knocking. Shall I say something about what just happened? Shall I wait until later today? Shall I wait until tomorrow? Shall I bother to tell him anything at all?

Whilst I'm debating, the door swings open and Phana is standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, looking me up and down.

"I came to get my watch." I answer, barging my way through the door.

"What I meant Ai'Prick, was why are you just standing there outside my room, without knocking on the door?" Phana answered watching me enter his room as if I own the place.

I kicked off my shoes and scanned the table top surfaces for my watch. Phana has put it aside for me so I pick it up and sat on his chair, strapping the time piece to my wrist. "I ran up the stairs because I needed to use your bathroom. I had to catch my breath so hadn't knocked. And then you opened the door..." I thought this was a fairly smooth response, given that I had actually been having an internal debate without myself outside his room about a little encounter I'd had not 5 minutes earlier.

Phana just looked at me as I lounged back in his chair. "Don't you dare piss in my chair!" He said sternly. "Get your ass in the bathroom if you need to go so badly..."

"Oh... Right!" I jumped up and ran into his bathroom. Maybe not as smooth an excuse as I thought.

When I came out, Phana was picking up his keys, wallet and phone and was heading towards the door. "Is Ai'Beam meeting us there?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at me as he pulled on his shoes.

"Yeah, that lazy ass couldn't be bothered to come with me to collect my watch. He's probably not even left his own place yet..." I followed Phana towards his door, putting on my own shoes.

We were going to a pool hall less than 10 minutes away from the university. It was a regular hang out for us. Lots of tables so we could always get a game, a variety of alcoholic beverages and snacks and my 2 best friends to gossip with always made it a fun location for our nights out. Also, as there were very few people actually back at the university right now, we knew it wouldn't be too busy either. We'd probably even get seats tonight if we didn't fancy playing all evening.

As we walked back down the stairs to the lobby of Phana's dorm, I asked him how his first moon and star meeting went.

"Not bad." Came his answer. "But it just reminded me of how hard those first few weeks were. All the dance training for the opening numbers. Teaching you how to walk... Oh beg your pardon 'sashay' as if you're on a catwalk."

"Really? I don't remember seeing you do all of that." I asked.

"You weren't allowed in the training. You only got to see the fruits of my labour when I went and won the whole competition." He turned to me and smiled, not at all modestly.

"You act as if you hate being the campus moon but I see that smile Ai'Pha. You had your game face on that night. You went to win. Don't pretend you didn't." I chuckled to myself and pointed to that wicked smile on his face.