Chapter 6 - The One Where Beam is Jealous

Beam's POV

Damn you Phana!! Damn you to hell!!

I don't know how or why, but Phana and his crush on the delectable Nong Yo have somehow upset the perfect balance of MY LIFE. AGAIN.

I mean first there was the stalking of Yo at high school at Phana's behest. Then, Pha asking Kit and I to follow him to this university to study medicine (still have no idea why I did that as it's really hard and I should have taken a different major that allowed me to sleep more and work less) and now because Phana is pissing about and taking such a long time to actually make Yo his boyfriend, other people are sniffing around the science moon and I'm not happy.

I was merrily going about my business, thinking that Phana was too - in his pursuit of Wayo but suddenly, he has made one wrong move and I'm frantic and my peace has been broken. Damn that freaking giant.

The day in question had started exquisitely. I had awoken next to Nong Dream, a pretty freshman from my faculty who had let me ravish her the night before. She approached me asking for some help with her studies and being her senior, who was I to refuse? We didn't do much studying to be fair. I don't even recall opening a text book. We also didn't get much sleep either but I wasn't too upset about that slight inconvenience.

After dragging myself out of bed and getting myself into school, I fell into the seat in the classroom where our 8.30am lesson was due to take place and laid my head on the desk. I figured I could get at least a 5 minute nap in before the lesson would promptly start. I was beat and if I didn't get my snooze, I wouldn't be any use to anyone.

I barely got to close my eyes as I got smacked. I didn't even raise my head. I didn't need to. Only Kit hits Pha and I like that with no warning.

"Fuck! I didn't want to get up this morning." He says in greeting taking the seat beside me.

"I also didn't get any sleep last night." I mumbled with my face buried into the desk.

He asked what was wrong and I lifted my head, reminding him of my casanova status by indicating my encounter with Nong Dream.

The door of the classroom opens and the professor enters.

"Shit! I forgot this is Professor Auntie's class." I whispered.

"Yeah... You're right." Kit responds. We look at each other and then to the empty seat besides Kit where Phana should be right about now. I peered at my watch and it's 8.28am. Phana has 2 minutes to get his ass in that seat before this excellent professor with a mean mouth will promptly begin to teach. And if he's late... She will make him regret it.

Just as she asked if we're ready to begin, Pring ran in, closing the door softly behind her. You could see her take a breath of relief because she made it in time and she made her way to her desk immediately in front of Kit and I.

Kit asked her in a low voice, "Ai'Pring. Did you see Ai'Pha's car when you left the apartment?" She lives in the same dormitory as Phana so would know if he had left when she did.

"Pha gave me a ride this morning, but he didn't come in." She responded, barely turning in her seat to do so.

"What?!" Kit whisper-shouted at her. "Why's that?"

"I don't know." She snapped back at him.

Pring has been after Phana since they were the faculty representatives at the moon and star competition last year. He treats her the same way that he treats every other friend or acquaintance, but you can see in her eyes that she wants more. Now that Yo is back in Phana's life, she'll have even less chance of being with him. I suspect her snappiness is due to the fact that Phana dropped her off at school but didn't come in with her. She wouldn't have been able to drape herself all over him as she usually does and make believe that they were together. Silly tart!