Chapter 20 - The One When Kit's Car Is Out of Action Too

Ming's POV

I'm starting to regret volunteering to be the engineering moon. It's bad enough that I'm training for this in the few weeks we have before freshman classes begin and it's exhausting, but I actually think I might win.

Why is that a bad thing, one may ask... Well, apparently all of the events the campus moon has to do on top of their standard class work and attendance means that you don't get five minutes to yourself. I barely see Phana or Pring and they are supposed to be mentoring us whilst giving slightly more support to this years medical faculty contenders, but they are here less than the other sophomores because their studies are more taxing than most.

There is a part of me that is glad that Phana isn't here often as I would just have to see he and Yo staring at each other; but if Phana comes, he often brings lovely Kit with him so I can't and wouldn't complain.

Today's training is another one of those days when Phana and friends have not graced us with their presence. It was gruelling nonetheless, and when it's over, I feel like I'm ready for my bed.

I swing an arm over Yo's shoulder as we walk over to our bags. I'm yawning although I don't know why. I slept well last night so I shouldn't be too tired especially when, on looking at my watch, I see that it's coming up to 8pm. I'm blaming the hangover from the drinking session with Forth at the weekend which I may or may not still be feeling the after effects of.

I'm contemplating going to bed as soon as I return to my room, but as I open my bag, I see that my boxing gloves are wedged in there because I promised myself I would go to the gym after practice and train. I'm good at Muay Thai but I haven't trained since I've been at university and I need to re-acquaint myself with the discipline if I'm going to showcase it as my talent.

I groan loudly as my intentions of sinking into my warm and comfortable bed within the next 30 minutes disappear. Yo looks at me curiously.

"What's up?" He asks.

I pull the gloves out of my bag and throw them over my shoulder. "I've gotta go to the gym to practice." I answer, "But I really don't want to."

Yo nods in understanding.

"Do you need a lift to your place on the way to the gym?" I ask.

"No thanks. P'Pha is coming to get me."

"Is he really?" I smirk. Yo still hasn't explained what is going on between the two of them. Maybe now, when we're virtually alone in the practice room, he'll spill. "How did that all get arranged?"

Yo blushes. "He found me somewhere that I can practice the piano. I'm playing for the pageant."

"Is that all it is? He's just taking you to practice, huh..."

"Well, we went to dinner yesterday and breakfast this morning.... Ooo and when you dropped me off earlier, it was to meet Pha who took me to lunch." Yo is packing up his stuff and it looks like he's deliberately hiding his face away from me.

"If you just wanted someone to eat with, you could have asked Yo..." I tease.

He shoves me in the shoulder. "It's not just eating. We talk too...." Yo is now looking at the floor. "He says he's chasing me..."

Without saying a word, I give Yo the biggest bear hug.

"Finally!! So, he likes you too?" I ask, pulling him away at arms length so I can see his face.

Yo nods and we come together in a hug again.

I want to hear all about what has happened - with the 'who said what's' and the 'when's' but I have to get to the gym and I suspect that Phana will be here soon to pick up Yo. I tell him that we'll catch up the following day which he agrees to and I leave him in the practice room whilst I depart.