YOU CAN'T HOLD MY HEART~10

-
Don't wanna keep no secrets
-

Jaemin slumped onto the couch, grumbling to himself as he scrutinized his argument with Chenle, arms crossed and scowl present

Jaemin slumped onto the couch, grumbling to himself as he scrutinized his argument with Chenle, arms crossed and scowl present. Jeno walked into the room, noticing Jaemin's glum mood, and he glanced backwards, unsure of what to do.

He was aware of Jaemin's deprivation of soulmate contact, and he was cognizant of his general moody-ness around the later days of distance. Jeno wondered if he should just turn around and walk away, but soon sighed, before walking towards the angered boy.

Jeno stood next to the seated Jaemin, gazing down at him tiredly as he pondered on what to say. He had the urge to just leave, but it was too late, so his jaw hesitantly dropped open.

"What happened?" He breathed, and Jaemin's eyes shot sharply towards him.

Jaemin pursed his lips as his jaw clenched, and he glared upwards at Jeno, which slightly intimidated him. Jaemin was sweet, but when he had been away from Yeji for too long, he could kill a motherfucker without a second thought.

"Chenle's fucking killing himself," He seethed through gritted teeth, "And Rin."

Jeno bit the inside of his cheeks before leisurely sitting down, placing a comforting hand on Jaemin's knee.

"You know him best, and you know how he's always been that way," He whispered, but he hated the situation as well.

"Yeah, I know, he's a fucking idiot," Jaemin grumbled, and his tongue ran along the inside of his cheeks.

Long ago, when Mark was the leader of NCT Dream, he had saved his life. Jaemin had been a pickpocket on the street for as long as he had remembered, until he made the mistake of robbing the wrong guy.

He had accidentally snatched a diamond from Wonpil of DAY6, a ruthless gang that specialized in the transport of stolen goods- like the diamond. Whilst Jaemin had thought he had made a huge score, Wonpil and his group had plotted against the boy, and eventually pinned him to the ground, holding him at gunpoint.

Lucky for him, Chenle had an order to kill Wonpil, and sniped him from a nearby building before he killed Jaemin, then proceeded to recruit Jaemin, since his pickpocketing skills could come in handy. Since then, Jaemin was as close to Chenle as people could get to the machine, which wasn't that close, but he knew him well enough.

"He's so stupid- I mean, she's his soulmate! They're meant to happen! Why is he so damn insistent on rejecting her?" Jaemin uttered, and Jeno attentively listened, "Trust me, rejection isn't fun."

"He has some serious trust issues though, he doesn't want to fall in love," Jeno sighed, sinking into the couch.

"I know, but they're fucking soulmates, and she seems fine with him, other than being low key terrified of the guy, but that'll pass once he figures his shit out," Jaemin huffed, aggressively tapping his fingers.

"Yeah, but it's Chenle," Jeno uttered, and Jaemin sharply scoffed.

"So he's going to kill himself?" Jaemin mumbled, and Jeno's eyes fell to the ground, "He needs to get over himself."

-

The next day had arrived, and at midnight, the soulmates were to die. The day before, Jaemin had met up with Yeji, and had wordlessly given her an awkward fist bump, before she walked away emotionlessly, leaving him heartbroken once more in her wake.

On Chenle and Rin's possible last day of earth, they both laid miserably in their beds, wrapped up tight in blankets.

Rin's breath constantly hitched as she wheezed in and out, and every expansion of her lungs sent her into a new form of agony. She had a burning fever that reached dangerous heights, yet she was freezing cold- even with four heavy blankets- whilst she burnt at the intense heat, every passing moment affecting making her writhe in pain.

She felt like she was on fire, and her body was seared with an unbearable pain as she shivered beneath her blankets, unsure if she was hot or cold, but she really didn't care.

She sniffled back a tear, and a quiet whimper was ripped out of her throat as pain excruciated both her body and mind, and she was sure she was going to die. She wanted Chenle to burst through the door, but he never did, and the room was only filled with the suffocating sound of her cries echoing off of the walls.

The anguish that aches through her body was the worst pain that has ever rived through her nerves, yet she could do nothing about it, since she couldn't even stand to wobble towards Chenle- not that he would let her, anyways.

A click ticked beside her, as if counting down the moments until her death, and it read 10:47, which only left her 1 hour and 13 minutes of life left.

Unable to even move, she stared at it without blinking- it caused her too much pain- as her mind afflicted her brain and body even more so, and it definitely wasn't helping her case.

As her shallow breaths bounced off of the walls, her mind engulfed itself in the memory of her family, or at least, the family she knew.

She wanted to meet her mother, since she had abandoned Rin when she was young, but now she never could.

She missed her brother- the way he smiled, the way his eyes sparkled, and how he was so selfless and innocent; always down to help someone.

He should've helped himself.

Her father, oh, her father. Sweet, hard working, and alone. If she died here, he would have no family, and that broke Rin's heart. He was kind and understanding, and never complained about having to work day and night, even if he barely got any sleep and was exhausted out of his mind.

If she died, she'd leave too much behind.

But what could she do?