▪︎ chapter nine ▪︎

The amazing cover above is made by writing_with_sass . Thanks a lot dear

 Thanks a lot dear ❤

NINE

association

__________

"Jackass. He's a total dipshit" I declare as I lazily run the razor blades over my long limbs to remove the stubble that keeps on reappearing on alternate days. I was lounging on the poolside at the backyard of Audrey's place. School had been disastrous for me and I was beginning to hate the ways things worked at Winston Prep. Audrey had been replaced from the position of Swim Team Captain by Ian Eastwood. Not that she was complaining, her sportswoman spirit was admirable and she took it as a stride to work harder. But everybody cannot be complying with each stupid decision Principal Seinfeld made.

"Come on Vann, it's no use holding grudges. You're just losing your peace of mind." Audrey replies, lathering some moisturizer on her gorgeous chocolate skin.

"Seriously? You're behaving like Jae now. This is silly." I groan, rubbing my temples. The afternoon sun shone bright but the temperatures were coming down miserably.

"We should probably get inside. This year, I bet it's gonna snow." She gets up, gathering up her stuff.

I was sleeping over at Audrey's house on a Monday for the first time. Usually, all three of us would spend weekends together but since the last few days have been extremely exceptional and Jae-Hwa ended up going to a BTS concert at Melbourne with some friends, I was here. Unlike my parents, Audrey had a loving family. She had two sisters and one brother. All of them were freshmen, from a different school. It was only Audrey who could make it to Winston High on account of her sexy brain and marvelous swimming skills.

"Don't you think it's fishy?" I blurt out, staring blankly at her dresser.

Audrey narrows her eyes at me, "Fishy? What are you talking about? You think my dresser is fishy!" She gasps and I snort in response.

"No idiot! I am talking about school. Seinfeld must have some dirty intentions." I state.

"Wait, can you be a little more clear?" I had her full attention now. She was looking at my face, her dark eyes widened.

"Well, first it was Iris Eastwood taking up the Prima Ballerina fame and next, it is that piece of crap." I flare my nostrils as I think of Ian.

"You mean it is because I am primarily a Scholarship student?" Audrey was pretty much hurt, I could tell by her expression.

"Might be. Don't forget how evil elite class politics are." I say, gulping down my lemonade.

"If that is so, how are Ian and Iris supposed to know that? They are so new" Certainly, she had a point. I keep silent for some moments but couldn't come up with any logical argument.