▪︎ chapter thirty ▪︎

THIRTY

THIRTY

strawberries & cigarettes

_____✵_____

caution : mature content.

A store room with stuff from your childhood stashed in it isn't the best place to make out but when the person in front of you is exceedingly attractive, nothing really matters!

Ian's hands trailed to the small of my back as our lips move perfectly in sync. I was losing my breath real fast.

We were leaning against the wall, seated on the carpeted floor, it was warm but we were just too invested in each other to focus on the surroundings. My fingers dug into his hair causing him to moan softly against my lips.

I had definitely missed this.

He keeps pulling me closer until I'm on his lap, legs wrapped around his waist and I could feel myself soaking wet.

"Fuck, Ian" I let out a groan as he grazes against the skin of my neck and collarbones.

"You mean, literally?" He breathes heavily and it turns me on even more.

"Kinda. If you are willing to lose your virginity to me" I laugh and he frowns.

"Just because I don't have experience doesn't mean I don't know how to do it." He argues.

"And how can I be sure of it?" I ask, toying with the buttons of his white cotton shirt.

"Try me" He snickers.

"This isn't the place to do it" I state and he erupts in laughter.

"Vanessa, we can always use the car" He offers in a matter of fact voice.

I hesitate for a moment. After all, the daylight was still there and I couldn't risk getting into embarrassing situations anymore.

"How about we save that for later instead?" I say and before he could answer, place my lips on his again.

"You taste like strawberries and cigarettes." Ian says when we pause for breath.

His hand rested underneath the hem of my t-shirt, clearly wanting more access. Our kisses deepened and so did the color of the sky from lilac to dark violet.

In no time, I was out of my top and my hands travelled all over his bare chest as he nibbled with earlobes and the bottom of my lips. I could sense his arousal and it made me shy which I had never been. And it occurs to me, why haven't I felt this with anyone before?

His fingers traced the outline of my bra setting goosebumps all over my skin.

This might have gotten further if not for the interrupting phone call that put off the fire between us but raised another storm.

"What's up Jae?" I ask, keeping the phone on speaker and putting on my clothes again.

"Where are you right now?" She inquires, her sweet voice tensed and nervous.

"Um, on a drive actually," I partially lie, "what's wrong?"

Ian glances at me with caution, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nessie, meet us at Audrey's house in thirty minutes. We got news about Wesley Seinfeld." She informs and I almost drop the phone in surprise. I feel guilty for letting this slip out of my mind. How could I forget the trouble that never forgets me?

"What is it? Jae don't keep in the fog." I groan.

"I can't really explain over the phone, so it's better if you come! Stefan is here too." Jae-Hwa says, letting out a sigh.

"Fine. I'll be there in some time."

"Oh, bring Ian along if possible." She says before disconnecting the call.

I didn't definitely see this coming. Audrey's garage aka the hangout spot was deadly silent when I entered with Ian in tow. Stefan looks up from the book he was absentmindedly flipping through and offers a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

Jae-Hwa and Audrey were seated on the cranky old sofa that had been here since we were in middle school.

"What took you so long? Oh, hey Eastwood!" Audrey asks me and then waves at Ian.

"It takes time to travel. But that's not the point, you need to spill!" I state, plopping down beside Stefan on the couch and Ian takes a chair.

"Stefan ran into Wesley in the supermarket this morning. He was alone and naturally got all flabbergasted. Long story short : he was told to take leave for a week by his mother and certainly not because of sore throat!" Jae-Hwa rolls her eyes and I frown.

"But why would Principal Seinfeld do something like that?" I ask, the reason behind telling Wesley to stay at home still not clear before us.

"I don't know. He couldn't say much about this. Wesley being the couch potato and mommy's boy, complied to stay home too easily." Stefan shrugs.

"Is that all?" My shoulders slouch down in annoyance and tiredness. This wasn't enough to get an appointment with Winston Preparatory's hotshot Principal.

"No. Um, Vanessa, do you remember telling me that it was Seinfeld's dirty politics when I was replaced by Ian as Swim Team Captain and Jae didn't get to be the Lead Vocalist?" Audrey speaks and I nod slowly.

"And immediately after these events, Connor was purposely hit so that he could be replaced too." She completes her sentence and meets my eyes. Years of being best friends hinting that she wanted me to join them dots.

"Seems like Seinfeld wants everyone related to Vanessa kicked out of position." Stefan suggests and Jae nods in agreement.

"I know, its pretty obvious now." I say.

"But what you don't know is Ian had declined to be Swim Team captain and handed over the badge back to me. And this isn't much to the preference of whoever is trying to mess with us." Audrey explains and my eyes darts off to Ian who has been keeping his mouth shut all along.

He merely meets my eyes, offering a faint smile. He doesn't really have much to say here I suppose. He shifts his gaze down to the squeaky clean floor that reflected the fairy lights adorning the walls.

"What does this even conclude?" I throw up my hands in the air, this whole drama becoming a puzzle with only a few missing pieces.

"Remember, what happens in Winston Prep ─ stays in Winston Prep?" Stefan raises an eyebrow, looking at each of us in turn.

"And someone is violating the rule." Jae concludes.

_____✵_____

A/N : Dun dun dun! Who is this 'someone' eh? You'll know, real soon! Also, I have like, zero experience irl hence the poor make out session lol.
Anyway, sorry for the late update!
Chapter dedicated to red_writes013 .

-Mia.