▪︎ chapter twenty-six ▪︎

TWENTY-SIX

TWENTY-SIX

raise hell

_____✵_____

Principal Seinfeld's office on the fifth floor of the administrative building was as posh as you can imagine. The heavy mahogany doors were shut close and the security eyeing me as I stood before them.

Entry was prohibited without prior appointment --- and I was here to rebel.

The secretary, Miss Pandora Adler adjusted her silver rimmed glasses as she scrolled through the files in her computer. There was no doubt, she won't find my name on it.

"Vanessa Davenport, I don't think you have any kind of appointments right now. Are you sure, Mrs. Seinfeld called for you?" she asks, clearing her throat.

"Of course. Is she inside?" I keep my composure, looking straight into her hazel eyes with firmness. If there was one thing I was confident about, it was the word 'confidence' itself.

"There's an ongoing meeting. If you want, I can fix a time tomorrow." Miss Adler says, returning to her work.

"It's urgent. I can't wait and watch shooting stars till tomorrow comes." I grit my teeth.

How am I going to convince her on this? I need to know what happened to Connor. And how on earth could she just hand over his hard-earned position of the school cornerback to someone who isn't even worthy of being a receiver?!

"I'm bound to the rules. And I expect you to do the same." she says, giving me a faint smile.

Seinfeld has the answers and I knew she wasn't ready to face me --- even if I made any appointments.

The sharp ringing of the bell reminded me that I had to leave. I can't be here for long without a proper cause. Besides, it was time for lunch.

I wasn't hungry.

The plate full of bacon and cheese was running cold. It was my favorite kind of food that the Winston cafeteria served on Wednesdays. But now, my stomach was churning.

"Nessie, eat something, you're already too skinny" Jae comments as she gobbles up another homemade mini-sandwich.

"Says who." I roll my eyes, trying to ignore her.

"Jae is literally devouring all of the food here. Don't complain. You need to eat." Audrey states, coming to her support.