▪︎ chapter ten ▪︎

TEN

TEN

pretty lies

__________

Chewing at my bottom lip, I stare at the blank white board in front of me. I had no idea what to sketch. It turns out that I had the worst choice of subjects this year. In spite of the fact that painting was just a filler subject that I was bound to take to support my extra-curricular, I was sucking at it. I definitely had the better option, going for cheerleading. Maybe I could even be the centre and excel in it but I wanted a stress-free life. Not that I wasn't already fussing over everything. It was just three and a half weeks into Senior Year and so far, it was a disaster.

I tossed the paintbrush across the room, it strikes the wall and a bit of plastered pink paint falls down to the ground. I giggled, feeling the internal peace as I stared at the white scar created on the pink canvas. And suddenly an idea popped on my mind, I am going to draw this. I knew it was a super crazy thing to do. Maybe my assignment would even be rejected by Mr. McConnell tomorrow but I proceeded anyway.

Halfway through the work, my phone vibrates with multiple notifications. It must be Jae, I thought, she wanted to fill me in all about her trip to Melbourne. My right arm was aching too, so I chose to give myself a break. I stretch out on my queen size bed, turning out all the lights. Somehow, the darkness seemed to relax my nerves a little. I open my Instagram, I had two new messages and a follow request from woodlandxxo. Who's this now?

I tap on the profile only to reveal Ian's handsome face and twenty posts of himself at various locations all around the world. There was a picture with his sister Iris too, both the siblings wearing a santa hat and grinning in front of the Christmas tree. Well, I went to his message box next.

woodlandxxo: hey there. this is just and only just a follow request.

woodlandxxo: do not let your ego decide that I am in any way stalking you.🙂

The fuck he means by this! My fingers were itching to hit the block button but I restrain myself. Blocking would only feed his intentions. I decided to text him back instead. Besides, the dickhead was online.

sourvanessaz: you do not have to take the responsibility of reminding me of that.

sourvanessaz: keep your nose to yourself😐.

seen

Just as I had expected, my texts were immediately read and he was already typing an answer, probably something snarky.

woodlandxxo: I don't think I have lost my nose somewhere

woodlandxxo: I would have agreed if you spoke about heart instead.🙄