1

"I seriously hate this shit!" Roman growled as he swung his sword down cutting a branch as he went. He knew his anger right now was not a good thing. He was out trying to find the Dragon Witch but he was so distracted over... Anxiety. He was beyond pissed out. "Who does that dark disaster think he is?!" Roman had been trying so hard to get Thomas to go out and have some fun... to just let loose for a few hours but... Mr. MustbeEvil had to ONCE AGAIN ruin everything. "I wouldn't, Thomas... you could get hurt, Thomas... you might have to talk to someone, Thomas... You don't want to ruin your reputation, Thomas... It's safer to stay home, Thomas!" Roman roared as he nearly cut down a tree working himself even angrier as he mockingly repeated what Anxiety had said. 

"Why is it so impossible to not let the man go out FOR ONE NIGHT?!" Roman stopped forcing himself to take a breather. He was far too upset to be doing this. Sure, the witch was a threat but she wasn't doing any harm at the moment. If Roman kept down this path he could get seriously hurt. Despite what Debby Downer is convinced, Roman wasn't careless or reckless. He was aware that he really should be turning back...

"Prince Roman?" Shit. Roman stood there feeling as his body turned to ice. He couldn't move but he could see something in the tree lines coming closer. "Is that really you?"

"Devinora." Roman choked out as his hand spasmed making him drop his sword. "You are... here."

"Yes."  She hissed out with a laugh as she pushed through the trees with her long snake-like tail. "I am here. Your rumors were true." Roman tensed feeling this burn in his blood. He knew he was too angry. He let himself get distracted and now he was screwed. "Honestly, Roman... How many times do I have to tell you... kittens shouldn't play with cobra." She hissed again venom dripping from her lips as Roman internally flinched. His eyes started glowing pink as he tried to use his magic but the witch just laughed and held her hand out making his back arch. He cried out in pain as he was forced through the air till he was right in front of her and the witch just smiled. "Kittens should learn their place before trying to use their claws."

"I'm not... a cat. I'm a prince." Roman groaned as this fire burned through him even stronger. The witch just smiled as she 'tsked' the man. 

"We shall see about that." Roman was slammed back against a tree forcing the world to go black as he cried out in pain. The last thing he saw before he went under was a golden-hued light surrounding him.

"Damn that stupid, Prince!" Virgil whined softly to himself as he trudged through the gardens. "All I was saying was that I... forget it." Virgil sighed as he glanced around him and just frowned. "It's pointless." Virgil rolled his eyes as he turned away from the castle and started for the woods. "If I get lost... I hope the witch just eats me." 

"Though I'd probably taste horrible... and I'd probably be toxic." Virgil chuckled as he pushed his way through. He often walked the woods, though it was usually at night. Princey always said it was dangerous, creating these false characters to scare people away. To this day Virgil's never seen a single dragon witch. Of course, he's also never seen whatever it was Princey was obviously hiding out here. After all, you don't make such an elaborate lie just to keep people out for no reason. "So go ahead and try you scaly bitch but you're gonna rot on the inside." Virgil giggled to himself as he slipped into the silence. He wasn't even angry anymore. Despite was Roman always said, Virgil never really stayed angry for long. In fact, he's never angry. Virgil just never corrected them. They've never seen him truly angry just hurt, scared, or slightly upset. Annoyed definitely but never angry. Yet, Roman seems to think all Virgil is hateful, spiteful, and angry all the time. If he actually got the chance to get to know him... 

"What?" Virgil froze up as the sound of a sad cry hit him. He clammed up instantly letting his magic branch out making everything around him go quiet. He closed his eyes and focused on his hearing only to jump at the sound of a pained cry. Fear tore through him and he tensed up. Something was hurt and very scared. Virgil took a deep breath as he carefully pushed his way through the trees only to freeze seeing what looked like a large tail slip into the black. "Get a grip, Virgil. Your anxieties are messing with your head. There's nothing that big out here." Virgil nodded to himself as he forced himself to move again scowering the place in search of whatever it was that cried out. His blood turned to ice when he heard it again. His eyes met with a familiar sword and he nearly broke with fear. 

"Princey?" Virgil carefully picked it up knowing damn well, Roman never would have just left it on the ground like that. "Roman, if this is some kind of trick, I swear to god... Damn that stupid prince. He's out there doing who knows what. I swear I'm gonna scream the next time I see him." Virgil tensed with nerves as he tried to shake his anxious thoughts away. Sure Roman is usually never without his sword. He treats it like his child and he's super protective of it... but that doesn't mean something happened just because he found it and Roman isn't here. Roman's fine... Virgil swallowed his fear as he held the sword to his hip creating a sheath and belt loop out of shadows so that he didn't have to hold it.

"I'm done with this. I'm going home. He can get his precious sword when he gets back." Virgil spotted a tiny little curled-up bundle of orange fur and frowned. That pained cry hit his ears again and his heart broke seeing the poor bundle fuss. "Oh no." Virgil smiled sadly as he slowly inched his way over finding it to be a small cat. It wasn't a kitten maybe about a few years old but it was still pretty small. "Hey, small fry. You're ok. I've got you." Virgil whispered softly as he carefully picked the small cat up in his arms, holding him gently as to not hurt it more. "I'll take you home and see if I can't get you better ok? You're safe with me little one."

"I just have to keep you in my room." Virgil frowned with anxiety but he refused to let it get to him. He wasn't about to leave the poor little thing there if it was injured. "Patton's allergic to cats. So... You'll have to stay with me until you're better. But that's ok... I promise I'll take good care of you."