32

Roman hissed violently as he lashed out, refusing to let anyone even try to touch him. He scratched Logan's arm up pretty good before the logical one finally got the gist and let his go. Patton just stood there with a sad look as Roman ran back to Virgil's door and curled up with a loud hiss.

"Roman, son..." Patton knelt down only to sigh sadly at the growl Roman let out over the close proximity. "You can't just stay out here, Kiddo. You need to rest. You need to eat. When was the last time you drank anything?" Roman just curled up more as Nyxie slowly made her way over to him again. The second the little kitten rubbed up against him Roman growled only to stop as Nyxie nuzzled into him. His eyes narrowed as she started to knead him making him relax a bit a purr lightly. Nyxie mewled softly and Roman flicked his tail gently to brush against her. "Roman..."

"Patton, It's best we don't attempt to move him again." Logan called gently pulling Patton back with him as Roman growled sadly. "You know how he is... How King Creativity was? It's best we just leave him here."

"He needs to eat!"

"So we bring the food to him." Logan called back as Patton deflated into him. "I know you worried but we can't force him to move. You've tried. Every single time he's just gone right back here."

'You're damn right I did.'  Roman meowed loudly catching the other two's eyes as he glared at them. 'You guys moved me while I slept. I'm not leaving. I'm staying right here.' Logan held his arm out showing Patton who cringed as all the nasty cuts.

"Just leave him. We aren't doing him any good trying to move him anyway. Please, Pat?" Patton sighed as he nodded and just walked off leaving Logan there alone with the cats. Roman watched as Patton walked off only to glance over at Logan's arm and let out a sadly whine. Logan just smirked as he fixed his glasses. "Do not worry about it, Roman. It will all heal. I'm more concerned about your magic though. Is it still unstable?" Roman made no response. He just looked the other way. "Alright. You just... stay here, I supposed. Please focus on resting though. Your magic won't stabilize if you don't."

Virgil sighed as he just laid there in his bed. He had been tuning out the voices outside his room with his headphones but... He still heard some of it. Roman wasn't moving. He wasn't eating because he wasn't moving. Virgil was getting really tired of this. He just wanted some time to think about everything. The prince of course had to throw a tantrum... 

"Breathe, Virge." Virgil groaned as he pushed himself up and glanced over at his door. He didn't want to... but he needed some food too. Some actual food and not just the snacks he summoned in his mini-fridge. He pulled his hoodie on and stumbled to the door, hesitating only slightly as he opened it to see Nyxie all curled up against Roman, who... who was still trembling. Virgil's eyes narrowed in concern as he bent down slightly, petting Nyxie who purred loudly in response. Roman growled. He growled very weakly as he balled up more making Nyxie meow over having to resituate herself. Virgil went hesitantly reach out, wanting nothing more than to pet Roman, knowing how much he liked it... but he stopped. He stood, stood back up, and just walked away. He still wasn't ready. Except... He didn't make it.

"Anxiety!" Virgil froze up as he spun around to see Roman standing there with this tired smile on his face. "I didn't... I didn't know it was you." Virgil's heart broke seeing how sick and drained Roman looked. His skin was as pale as his was and by the look of his eyes, which were still feline, something was very wrong. "Are... Are you..." Roman swallowed his pain as he hugged himself tightly, refusing to shift. "Are you o-... ok-kay?"

"I'm fine." Roman flinched slightly over the tone, making him tense up bad just to get a better hold on his magic. "I don't want to talk to you, Roman. Not right now."

"I'm sorry." Virgil froze, back turned towards Roman, who just dazed off, feeling his body starting to waver. "I just... wanted to... to say that a-a-at least once. I'm... I'm s-sorry." 

"I know." Roman's eyes darkened as Virgil just left him. "I'm just not ready yet." The second Virgil disappeared Roman crashed to his knees. His body shuddered as everything broke and he was forced to shift again. Nyxie meowed worried for her dad as she bounded over rubbed up against him. Roman just smiled exhaustedly as Nyxie nuzzled into him. This is what she's been doing. Just like he would move from the door, not able to leave Virgil, She never left his side either. As if she was keeping him safe and happy as she laid with him giving him all the affection she knew he needed from Virgil. She purred supportively, using the sound to help lull Roman to sleep as he limply gave her small little kitten licks to show his appreciation. Despite everything he's said, he did care about her. And it was clear she cared about him just as much as she loved Virgil too.

'I'm sorry little one.' Roman yawned as his body started to go lax under his exhaustion and strain. 'I don't... mean to worry you.'  Nyxie just mewled in response as she repositioned herself so Roman could curl around her like he wanted. Roman smiled happily as he wrapped his tail around her holding her close as he started to drift off. 'Thank you...'

By the time Virgil came back, he had to stop. Seeing Roman and Nyxie like that... Honestly, it was bringing him to tears. This was the issue. He wasn't ready yet. He cared about Roman so much that all he wanted to do was forgive him and let him back in but... He doesn't know how he feels about this. It's not that he is never going to forgive him but he needs the time to be able to do so. Virgil groaned silently as he glanced down at the bowl in his hands. Patton had handed him food for Roman before he even had the chance to decline. He smiled sadly as he carefully set it down. He didn't stop himself that time. He gently let his fingers brush against Roman's head eliciting a very weak and choked out purr but a purr none the less.

"Just give me time... That's all I'm asking for, Ro. I just need time to think."