6

"Morning, Small fry." Virgil hummed softly as he placed a small bit of cut-up chicken in front of Roman, scratching his head lightly before heading towards his drawer. Roman stretched with a loud yawn before sitting up and wiping his face a bit. "I won't be in for a bit today. I have a meeting with Thomas. But afterword, maybe I can finally get you somethings you need."

'Meeting? What meeting?' Roman meowed curiously as Virgil sifted through his drawers. 'Anxiety? What meeting?' Roman meowed angrily practically squeaking as he jumped onto the dresser and swatted at Virgil's hands. 'What meeting?!'

"Well, aren't you vocal today?" Virgil giggled as he brushed Roman's ears back lightly making Roman freeze up a bit. "I won't be long. I just have to go over something with Thomas about the next video. We can't exactly do anything without Roman so Thomas just wants to talk to us about our thoughts. Just some small things." Roman frowned as Virgil lightly brushed under his chin in thought. "Although I will be asking about Roman. I'm concerned." Virgil shrugged and he pulled away as he took his clothes out of his drawer. "I don't know why I'd bother though. I already know what they'd all say." Virgil rolled his eyes as he pulled his shirt off and tossed it over into his hamper. Roman followed to the end of the dresser as Virgil walk into the bathroom. "It's the same thing they always say." Virgil grumbled as he turned the sink on to wash up and brush his teeth. "I'm just being paranoid." Virgil spit out the toothpaste and sighed as he stared at his reflection in the mirror. "There isn't any proof something is wrong." Virgil scrubbed his face and dampened his hair before brushing it back and smiling as he pulled his pants off leaving him in his boxers.

"It's all fine though." Virgil laughed as he walked out making Roman's eyes go wide in shock. He'd never seen Virgil without any makeup or with his hair back... or just in boxers, not that he was trying to look. Virgil laughed as he grabbed the jeans he set aside and put them on. "They don't have to like me. I mean it would help but... That's not why I'm here." Roman frowned as he looked up to see Virgil putting a dark purple shirt on. "I'm here for Thomas... not to make friends. My job is to protect him. And that means... protecting the brainless moron of a prince." Virgil sighed as he leaned against the dresser with a frown. "That being said... it would be nice to not always have someone at your throat." Virgil frowned in thought before shaking his head and snapping. "Makeup."

"You're lucky, small fry." Virgil giggled as he went back into the bathroom watching as this time Roman jumped up on the sink to watch. Virgil rolled his eyes playfully as he pulled his foundation out and gently started to apply it, hiding each and every freckle that lined his cheeks. "You don't have to worry about anyone else now that you're here with me. No more big old mean animals trying to hurt you... You're safe, fed, and cared for." Virgil paused for a second as he sighed and pulled out his makeup box to get his contour kit. "I, on the other hand, am the prey amongst the ravaging wolves." 

'Ravaging wolves?' Roman's eyes narrowed as he watched Virgil blend out his makeup before even thinking about pulling his eyeshadow out. 

"What do you say? Full or partial?" Roman tilted his head in confusion as Virgil just laughed. "I'll do partial then. I usually don't do a full-face thing unless I'm going out. How about this... Black or purple?" Roman ducked down a bit as he slowly walked over glancing at the pallet before looking up to see the other just smiling. "I'll do both." Virgil pulled a small brush out from a dish on the sink and carefully started to blacken under the eye all while Roman watched in a sort of awe. He'd never really noticed how much Virgil did for his make-up. To be honest he just thought the guy rubbed black under his eye and that was it. Virgil paused for a second before cleaning his brush and swapping it out for a different one adding a layer of purple to the bottom and blending it out. "There we go." Virgil beamed as he scratched behind Roman's ear. "What do you think?"

'Well, it's not how I'd do my make-up but...' Roman frowned as he looked the other up and down before smiling. 'It's not bad... for an emo nightmare.' Roman mewled lightly as he pawed at the air making Virgil laugh.

"I'm going to assume you were saying it looked good. Otherwise, I'm just going to panic." Virgil gently scratched him again as he walked out turning the bathroom light off before stretching. "I should write a list of things I need to do today. I don't want to forget anything."

'Write a reminder or create a memo list on your phone.' Roman carefully jumped onto the bed as Virgil walked over to the closet. 'It's what I do. I also use my alarms too if it's really important.' Roman meowed as he laid down with this soft look in his eyes watching Virgil pull a black hoodie out from the closet.

"I really should get going. Logan won't be happy if I'm late." Roman frowned as Virgil pulled his hoodie on and just stared at the floor. "I don't really want to go." Virgil laughed sadly as he mussed his hair until it fell messily over his eyes again. "Not that what I wanted ever really mattered much before."

'I'm sorry? What was that?' Roman slowly picked himself up as he walked over to the edge of the bed and meowed loudly to get the other's attention. Virgil just smiled as he walked over and gently pet Roman's fur, who was just too busy focusing on what was said rather than the fact that he was being pet again... 'Anxiety?'

"You be good ok, Sweet pea?" Roman frowned as Virgil lightly scratched under his chin. "Don't you be getting into any trouble while I'm gone."

'I am a prince. I don't get into trouble. I'm the one that fixes it.' Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil pulled away and started for the door. 'Hey, wait!' Roman meowed repeatedly trying to stop the other from leaving. 'Take me with you. Anxiety, come on. If it's a meeting with Thomas, I should be there. Damn it, listen to me. Anxiety!'

"I'm sorry, Dandelion." Roman froze as Virgil's voice came out soft and sweet. "I know you want out but I just can't. You're just going to have to wait for me here ok? I'll be back. I promise."