41

"I fucked up." The broken voice spilled through black pulling him in as he felt as his body began to burn. "Roman, I'm so sorry..." Roman frowned as he curled into himself. His body felt like it was on fire. He wanted to scream but... Nothing came to sound. Nothing but that voice. Who was it... Who... "This is the most selfish thing I could EVER do but... I need you to wake up."

'Wake up?' Roman only tensed up, the burn getting stronger as his mind tried to latch on to what he was hearing. 'Wake up? Am I... Am I asleep?'

"I told you I needed to be alone but... that was a fucking lie!" Roman's head jerked up, eyes still closed, as the voice drug into him. "It was a lie." Something in him latched onto that. His heart started to race as the burning spread throughout him. "I wanted you to hold me as I cried in your arms because you make me feel safe and happy." His mind had latched onto every word, his heart so loud it echoed through the black surrounding. He clutched his chest as he this image of a man filled his mind making his heart actually skip a beat. 

'Anxiety?' Roman gasped reaching out as if to grab him... to grab his love as memories began to piece itself together. 'Anx?! Anxie!'

"My King?" Roman could feel everything crash around him at how broken Virgil's voice sounded. He wanted to open his eyes. He wanted to see him, to hold him, to make him feel better, but he couldn't. "King? Roman?"

'Anxiety!' Roman practically screamed into the nothingness but still, no sound ever came out. 'Anx, please?'

"This is all my fault and I am so sorry Roman." Roman was frantic. He was kicking about the black, his mind latching onto the fact that something was wrong. His love needed him. Why couldn't he help? Why couldn't he talk or see? Why? "I broke the man I love." 

Roman jumped up with a start, eyes wide and filled with tears as he found himself in his bed. His eyes narrowed in confusion as he looked around. The last thing he remembered was... was... Virgil left. Roman crashed as he leaned back against the headboard and sighed. Virgil left to get some time without him. But... Why was he in his room? And what was that dream about? What was going on...

"Nyxie?" Roman's eyes narrowed in on a small little black bundle of fur at the foot of his bed and he frowned. "Nyxie." He called out again not getting a reaction. His anxiety sparked as he crawled over and picked her up only to sigh seeing that she had been asleep. Had been... Picking her up ended up startling her awake. She meowed angrily making Roman giggled softly. He let out a soft purr as Nyxie rubbed her eyes. She blinked finally glancing up before meowing frantically, kicking about as Roman let her down. Only for her to jump onto him and rub against him purring worriedly. "I'm ok. I'm ok. I don't know why your so worried about me but I'm ok." Nyxie meowed curtly making Roman's face drop. She whimpered softly as Roman gently trailed his fingers through her hair. "I... Did I really... I didn't even know. I... I'm sorry."

"WAIT, ANXIETY!" Roman was up out of bed, Nyxie chasing after as Roman booked it next door only... "NO!" Roman slammed his fist against the wall his heart-shattering in his chest as he broke down completely. "No... no.no.no.no... damn it." He slid to his knees, tears falling from his face as just... knocked. He knocked on the wall but there was no reverb. There was no echo. There was no door. "He... He's gone? He just... he left. He... But..."

"Roman?" Roman didn't respond. He just turned till he was sitting on his ass as Patton smiled sadly, sitting beside him. "Ro?"

"He's gone?"

"We... We don't know, Kiddo." Roman's eyes darkened as Patton just stared ahead of him. "All we do know is he cut the connection."

"Why? What... What even happened?"

"You gave up, Roman." Roman crashed more as he nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry, Kiddo. I don't have very many answers for you."

"We have to find him, Pat. I..." Roman shivered as he clutched his shirt. "I need him. Patton... I love him."

"I know kiddo." Roman looked over to see Patton's understanding smile and his tears only fell harder. "Just as I know he loves you."

"We need to find him."

"We are." Roman's eyes went as Patton slowly stood back up making Roman's eyes shine with a sort of hope he hadn't seen in a while. "Who is it that ALWAYS can find us?"

"THOMAS!" Roman screamed out as he sunk out, rising back up to find Logan trying to talk Thomas into not leaving. "Thomas!"

"ROMAN!" Thomas beamed with a silly giggle. "You're here! I was wondering when the gang would all show up. Tell Logan to let me leave."

"No."

"I want to go out and have some fun. Maybe go get hit by some cars or... Wait." Thomas's eyes narrowed as he pointed lazily at the prince. Logan smiled slightly as Thomas pouted. "Did you... Did you say no? But Roman!" He whined as glared at everyone, Patton having sunk in shortly after Roman. "ADVENTURE! I know!" Thomas snapped his fingers as he started for the door. "I'll do that Kiki dance thing. That'll be really fun." Roman was practically seething as Thomas frowned and started patting his pockets. "Where are my keys?"

"THOMAS!" Thomas just laughed as Roman literally slammed him against the wall.

"Ooh. What's this?" Roman's eyes narrowed as he tried to ignore Thomas's behavior. All he cared about was getting to Virgil.

"Find. Anxiety." Thomas's eyes narrowed in confusion as Roman gripped his arms tighter. "Think about everything that scares you... and take me there."

"Kiddo, you can't..." Patton stopped seeing the pure pain in Roman's eyes as he looked over at Thomas with a nod. "Do what he says, Thomas."

"But... but I don't... I don't want to..." Roman growled making Thomas giggled as he poked Roman's nose. "Oh, fine. You silly goober. You want Anxi-body?" Roman nodded as Thomas just shrugged. "Then let's go! ALL ABOARD!"